• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ange’s system / formation

if we play like how we did against brentford henceforth i'm fine .
please no more slow football a the back and sideways passing in possession. take risks, don't worry about losing the ball but be ready to counter attack - we have the players for it

Red flag.
Like @harr1984, I'd rather see the full quote because Ange has always spoken before about not just playing attractive football but playing winning football so something seems off with this quote. As it's being presented, it does feed too conveniently into a narrative.

Ange is usually fairly insightful when you watch his full press conferences but a few of his quotes recently have been taken out of context or given unnecessary weight. You can sort of understand why other players and managers give such bland non-answers.

Seems only yesterday everyone was stating they would rather see entertaining football rather than suffer Mourinho/Conte etc. for the sake of trophies. Turns out people want everything and right now!

Have the fans every changed though? All they've ever wanted is trophies played with football in an entertaining style. It was THFC that changed their minds over and over, and compromised the fans desires.

Like @harr1984, I'd rather see the full quote because Ange has always spoken before about not just playing attractive football but playing winning football so something seems off with this quote. As it's being presented, it does feed too conveniently into a narrative.

Ange is usually fairly insightful when you watch his full press conferences but a few of his quotes recently have been taken out of context or given unnecessary weight. You can sort of understand why other players and managers give such bland non-answers.
That’s the full quote
But the words and context before is missing

Seems only yesterday everyone was stating they would rather see entertaining football rather than suffer Mourinho/Conte etc. for the sake of trophies. Turns out people want everything and right now!
Saw some posts on SM this morning to say we haven't been entertaining since the first 10 games last season. We have. The Chelsea 1-4 was entertaining as f**k. Against Brighton when we lost 4-2 we were entertaining and likewise against the Dippers in the 2-4. It just wasn't an enjoyable watch as a fan because we lost. There were lots of other entertaining games last season and, this season, we've been a pretty good watch in all the games bar maybe Woolwich. We've never had a goalless draw under Ange as far as I'm aware and even 1-0 results have been rare (Woolwich and Luton?).

We're entertaining as Premier League teams go but by "entertaining", it seems a lot of people mean "entertaining and winning".

The whole fans forum will be online soon, just as the full press conferences are (including the embargoed sections)....
just wait for, and watch them.

Nothing is then chopped, changed, twisted or edited.
All this other nonsense is a waste of time and energy. Yeah, somewhere along the line it's earning someone a living, but all round it's a sad existence.

In my humble opinion, of course.

Last edited:
Saw some posts on SM this morning to say we haven't been entertaining since the first 10 games last season. We have. The Chelsea 1-4 was entertaining as f**k. Against Brighton when we lost 4-2 we were entertaining and likewise against the Dippers in the 2-4. It just wasn't an enjoyable watch as a fan because we lost. There were lots of other entertaining games last season and, this season, we've been a pretty good watch in all the games bar maybe Woolwich. We've never had a goalless draw under Ange as far as I'm aware and even 1-0 results have been rare (Woolwich and Luton?).

We're entertaining as Premier League teams go but by "entertaining", it seems a lot of people mean "entertaining and winning".

I don’t want to be entertained.

I want to be sated.

i don't get it - the last 6 months of football was awful. pre season included. was that the spurs way?
our early matches were lots of sideways passing and walking football. that can't be the spurs way too.

it would have been more insightful if this fans forum had occurred a week ago.

i don't get it - the last 6 months of football was awful. pre season included. was that the spurs way?
our early matches were lots of sideways passing and walking football. that can't be the spurs way too.

We've seen those early games this season rather differently. And I don't think Ange thinks we've been awful for the last 6 months either.

But if you're starting from the conclusion that we've been awful for 6 months then of course his comments make little sense.

Just about everyone passes sideways a lot when teams sit back. Passing sideways, being patient, looking for openings is part of the strategy. We haven't been good enough, particularly at creating chances. But sideways passing will always be a part of the mix in games like that.

I really don't think we've been awful at all. The intent to attack is always there, sometimes it's difficult to break down teams who counter our style of play (like Woolwich did).

This season, I think we've been a really good watch in all games bar Woolwich and that's because of how they played.

Has there been a hint of pragmatism in the last couple of games? Full backs don't seem quite as shape-destroyingly reckless with their runs forward?
I don’t think they do that as ,ice as people think anyway
But it’s definitely been a sea change there
Coincided with Kulu in midfield

Back