• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Re: Avb done (official)

If Paulinho hadn't've been sent off and the game finished 0-2, would AVB still be here do you think?

No I don't think he would be. For some reason i think this has been brewing for a couple of weeks and this was the straw that broke the camel's back. Even a 2-0 loss wou;d have been unacceptable

We as a club have always been better with managers that have an understanding of the English league on board. No coincidence we have looked better with jol and Harry over Ramos and Santini (jol played here)

Maybe we need to consider that but Im not sure who

To be honest Alan Pardew isn't a bad shout. I think he's under-rated.

I am being completely serious too.

Pardew's honeymoon period wouldn't last 90 minutes with our home support . We need a manager that will have the home support united and not be booing the new guy after a home draw in his first game .

I think we will see Hoddle appointed soon enough .

Maybe it would work better on the continent, which is why we seem to do so well against European teams.

It worked better against the European teams because every single one of them would struggle in the Championship.

We may well have had one of the best points hauls we've ever had in the league but you'd have to say we've not played well all season and were lucky to get a couple of the results we did (penalties), our defence has looked shaky at best, even when keeping a clean sheet and at worst looked like we could concede double figures. The midfield is slow and laborious, even with Lennon and Townsend we never looked like stretching teams. Our attack is toothless and rarely looked like scoring unless from a long range effort or a penalty and he never had a plan B, most managers would change the system after going in at half time 0-2 down but he just seems to do like for like changes or bizarre changes. Why not bring on Defoe yesterday when we're chasing the game, if you're going to let in 5 at least have a go at getting a couple in return.

He seemed to pick odd teams, no consistency in team selection, Sigurdson was doing well when he suddenly gets left out of the team, same with Townsend and even Lamela was starting to show glimpses of what he can offer but never got a look in, why wasn't he given 10-20 minutes at the end of games to see what he can do and try and get him into the side.

How anyone can be disappointed by this decision is beyond me, I know we want to have a bit of stability and keep a manager for more than 18 months but I'd like to see signs that the team is improving and not going backwards, under this clown we were most definitely going backwards.

I'd like to see someone like Jurgen Klopp come in, I think if we throw enough money his way he'll definitely be interested.

Pardew's honeymoon period wouldn't last 90 minutes with our home support . We need a manager that will have the home support united and not be booing the new guy after a home draw in his first game .

I think we will see Hoddle appointed soon enough .

I agree and then when a few bad results come, we'll sack him and hire some Italian guy('cos we've already gone French, Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese) ;)

If Paulinho hadn't've been sent off and the game finished 0-2, would AVB still be here do you think?

if we would have played like before he was sent off, then yes.

Paulinho can also **** off.

disgusting challange, arrogant reaction and he has been a cancer in our midfield.

I agree and then when a few bad results come, we'll sack him and hire some Italian guy('cos we've already gone French, Spanish, Dutch and Portuguese) ;)

And to be honest, with how he arrived at Saudi Sportswashing Machine it's not as if Pardew was the fans choice...far from it! Hughton had just been ruthlessly culled.

It's just the fickle nature of modern football.. The fans, boards, owners, media, it's ****ed.. Expectations are so ****ing skewed and no one is given a chance to achieve anything.. How on earth will we establish a winning long term mentality when it's changing every year and a half?

Thats not really fair, you need to see evidence of a plan to know its worth sticking with. Fans and owners alike will forgive poor performances/bad days and bad luck but you need to be able to get behind and understand what the manger is trying to do.

I dont know what AVB wanted, he talked about attacking football but in reality seemed to deploy us a possession based defensive team happy to get 1-0. We buy Lamela for almost twice our club record fee and use him as a fringe player. We buy Soldado and have no idea of how to integrate him in to our team? We are not Chelsea or Emirates Marketing Project, thats 50million pounds ****ed away if we dont know he to get them working in our first team.

If we are all being honest, just ask yourself where was this all going? Besides the fantasy that everything was one day going to click and all be ok.

disgusting challange, arrogant reaction and he has been a cancer in our midfield.

He pussied out of a tackle in the 2nd half as well I seem to recall.

And to be honest, with how he arrived at Saudi Sportswashing Machine it's not as if Pardew was the fans choice...far from it! Hughton had just been ruthlessly culled.

Exactly right. No-one gave Pardew a chance of last longer than a few months. Last season was poor but he's doing well this year and did very well in his first year. I remember a certain David Moyes nearly relegating Everton in his second or third season in charge.

Given the appointment of Kinnear and the all round lunacy of Ashley, Pardew's done a great job. Still a c**t though and he seems to hate us.

Lets see what the new guy can bring out of him. Havent been blown away by his performances however he's only played the Man U game and the first 30 mins of the Liverpool game in his best position.

New manager coming in means that everyone will start with a clean slate - there will be winners and losers as always but lets just players once we have a sensible system in place

To be honest Alan Pardew isn't a bad shout. I think he's under-rated.

I am being completely serious too.
Are you suffering from a brain freeze?

lboo.jpg

Good Luck to AVB. Ultimately he's a nice guy but its too much too young for him. He'd make a good coach in another 10 years. He needs to learn to rise above criticism and not take it so personally, be a bit more pragmatic and not rely on his preconceived ideas in games.

Fabio Cappello it is then :-k....

But whoever it is , in his first game at the Lane, we should welcome him with a chorus of
"you're getting sacked in the morning" In fact, that could be the club's anthem , you know , when the players come out on to the pitch at the beginning of games ,,, sacked in the morning \o/

Back