• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I was listening to an earlier episode of Cognitive Dissonance yesterday.

Apparently Trump's team was going around Republican VP candidates and essentially offering the role of President but under the name of VP. When Kasich asked what Trump would be doing if Kasich was taking on the role of President he was told "Making America great again".

Apparently Trump's team was going around Republican VP candidates and essentially offering the role of President but under the name of VP. When Kasich asked what Trump would be doing if Kasich was taking on the role of President he was told "Making America great again".

makes you wonder how much power he's given to the fundamentalist godtard who did take the job

There was an idea floated during the election runup that Trump was really only running for publicity reasons. Makes you wonder whether he really wanted the job at all. I would doubt that the long days and endless bureaucracy will sit too well with his preferred lifestyle. Maybe there is some truth to this.

I think the world is full of total double standards though here.

I one side of the fence you have Trump saying Muslims are a problem and its Islamaphobia

Whilst the otherside take an equally stark view of Russia and thats not a problem?

Hows that work?

Depend what side of the bed you are on, you do make a good point.

I don't know where you get your news from but I've seen quite wide coverage of the protests.

So you have had seen a wide coverage of the protests that have been occurring and up until now, not so much as a peep from you or the like-minded?

I also think that is disingenuous to say that they are anti-democracy protests. Democracy doesn't stop when a vote has been cast. People have every right to make their views heard and protest when they disagree with something.

I agree with the right to protest but these protests are about an election result that went against the protesters - boo hoo! They're chanting obscenities and in some cases, there are violence attacks and are damaging people's properties. The media have downplayed the protests and have omitted much that can be found on the internet.

What we are seeing in the States and in the UK is the hard right trying to silence dissent and avoid debate. This is anti-democracy. Not people making their voice heard.

Do you not have a clue what is going on U.S. universities and colleges? Safe spaces? The banning of the Trump MAGA baseball cap from campuses, the leftist indoctrination of the youth?

I also do not think that a politician who said that he would not respect the result if it went against him, is in any position to criticise anyone else for protesting against the result.

I get that, but up until now, I can't say that I've seen or heard Trump criticise the protests.

My first post on the protests, was about the double standards by the protesters, the media and by people who share views similar to yours on the matter.

Had it been Trump supporters doing the protesting after a defeat, I can assure you that I'd have said the same and been calling them out.

I will repeat.... There were no mass protests in 2008 and in 2012.

Trump frequently spread lies and fear about minority groups during his campaign. I think that he is always likely to pick on weaker groups in society because it is easier and they have less power but by appointing Steve Bannon, who is an anti-Semite and white supremacist, to be his chief policy and strategy advisor he has shown that attacking minorities is unlikely to stop.

He's not, just because liberals and leftists say he is. Where's the evidence?

He's an ardent supporter of Israel, he also employed all nationalities in his time at Brietbart News.

Mate there are some fairly momentous news items that pass this site by on a daily basis. I wouldn't use this site as barometer of what is newsworthy or not, but to compare the current spate of protests in the US cities to Tiananmen Square is not a sensible comparison on any level.

As for his policies, well who knows what they are. I doubt he even does himself.

Hmmm, The Tiananmen comparison wasn't meant to be taken seriously?

Well if people don't know what his policies are , why not adopt a wait and see approach instead of all this hysteria?

What is laughable is the arrogance of celebrities making threats if their candidates win, like Cher, I mean who would care if Cher was to leave the US if Trump won? Its laughable.

"if you all vote for Trump I am off"

Good luck Cher, this aint 1960

And this lot too.....Robert De Niro, George Clooney, Madonna, Kate Perry, Lady Gaga, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Jay-Z, Beyonce...

Cw4zRWKUsAAtcgo.jpg

Back