• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

How does the social welfare system work in the US?
1dz059.jpg

when did liberalism become a bad thing?

Up until a few months back I lived in a part of London what's considered gentrified. Most of my neighbours were professional educated types, good decent people, that is , up until you spoke politics with them and they found your views differed from theirs. Everyone of them was voting Remain in the referendum and would describe themselves as Liberal or Left.

With my other half being a Durham lass, we'd often travel up there to see her parents and siblings, maybe every three or four weeks and on our return would tell the neighbours that we think that most of Durham is voting out. We'd get faces filled with horror, of disbelief glaring back at us when telling them of our findings. We got told that they must be very racist up north.

Up until a few months back I lived in a part of London what's considered gentrified. Most of my neighbours were professional educated types, good decent people, that is , up until you spoke politics with them and they found your views differed from theirs. Everyone of them was voting Remain in the referendum and would describe themselves as Liberal or Left.

With my other half being a Durham lass, we'd often travel up there to see her parents and siblings, maybe every three or four weeks and on our return would tell the neighbours that we think that most of Durham is voting out. We'd get faces filled with horror, of disbelief glaring back at us when telling them of our findings. We got told that they must be very racist up north.

ok, how does people claiming to be liberal, but not actually being so, make liberalism a bad thing?

(obviously you'd also need to know the reasons for the leave vote to ascertain whether or not they were reasonable)

Back