• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

I think this election has been like no other and Trump is a candidate like no other. It is certainly the most interesting election I can remember but for the wrong reasons I guess. Trump has exposed a very ugly side of the American people that obviously has been simmering under the surface for a long time. He has given legitimacy to sentiments of large groups of people who opinions are divisive and fuelled by nothing more than hate. It is a sad reflection on the country as a whole really.
I'm rather apathetic about Clinton. Not much will change compared to Obama's tenure I imagine, if she is elected.

I think that is just another sign of people wanting change, its like the Brexit vote and the tide of folk all over Europe wanting to change the way things are being run. There are many in the States that are sick to death of the status Quo that has been happening in certain areas and want to change things. Will it work? who knows but there are many around the world who want a change.

I think that is just another sign of people wanting change, its like the Brexit vote and the tide of folk all over Europe wanting to change the way things are being run. There are many in the States that are sick to death of the status Quo that has been happening in certain areas and want to change things. Will it work? who knows but there are many around the world who want a change.

I think Bernie was that candidate though. Well at least positive change, rather than the Hitlerite option

I think Bernie was that candidate though. Well at least positive change, rather than the Hitlerite option

Maybe but it does not change the point that there are many who want a change in the way that the " establishment" were running things and ignoring the majority.

Never been more nervous about a US election. As Bill Maher said, it's like waiting for x-ray results to come back. Really hope the yanks come to their senses and don't vote for that misogynistic, sexual assaulting, racist scumbag Trump.

Despite the fact they brought in Bush twice I really can't see them voting in Trump..
If they do, well brick.. Stop the planet I'd like to get off please.

I'd say both sides are equally establishment

Well to be honest i would say there is a HELL of a difference between the vision of Clinton and Trump, so i am not sure how you can see it that way.

Just to be clear i am not saying that i would vote ( if i could) for one over the other.

Well to be honest i would say there is a HELL of a difference between the vision of Clinton and Trump, so i am not sure how you can see it that way.

Just to be clear i am not saying that i would vote ( if i could) for one over the other.
Trump lies, do you really think that his policies won't be largely directed towards improving the life of rich white guys (the establishment). Look at his actions not listening to his words

Trump lies, do you really think that his policies won't be largely directed towards improving the life of rich white guys (the establishment). Look at his actions not listening to his words

I am not saying anything really either way, just giving a reason why its so close ( or so the polls would suggest) and trying to explain why someone like Trump seems to have a chance. After all with her experiance in politics she should be winning easy against Trump who has far as i know has none.

this

his vision is divisive and insular

There is certainly a lot of truth to that. There is practically a third world country hidden in America. Something needs to change there and I've said something similar a few pages back, but Trump was never a suitable change candidate. The whole anti-establishment sentiment, which I agree is perfectly understandable, has been hijacked in this election by too many rightwing leaning ideas prompted by Trump on the side lines. I wonder does he even beleive half of the things he says or is he vote grabbing. Trump is about making money for Trump IMO. Maybe Sanders was the guy but we will never know.

A vote for Clinton is a vote for the status quo but in reality this is an election about who not to vote for, rather than who to vote for.

Last edited:
There is certainly a lot of truth to that. There is practically a third world country hidden in America. Something needs to change there and I've said something similar a few pages back, but Trump was never a suitable change candidate. The whole anti-establishment sentiment, which I agree is perfectly understandable, has been hijacked in this election by too many rightwing leaning ideas prompted by Trump on the side lines. I wonder does he even beleive half of the things he says or is he vote grabbing. Trump is about making money for Trump IMO. Maybe Sanders was the guy but we will never know.

A vote for Clinton is a vote for the status quo but in reality this is really an election about who not to vote for, rather than who to vote for.

Indeed.

Having said that i have always said i have many friends from the States and love the country, however i have always said/believed that the rulers of that country are egotistic at best and warmongers with little thought of the people they are supposed to serve.

Sounds like they are breaking the rules a little here...
The Wall Street Journal is also reporting that the live voting data produced by VoteCastr is moving the markets.

The WSJ’s Paul Vigna explains:

It’s a first for traders, and for the news media. It has been a longstanding policy for mainstream media to not report on exit-polling data while polls are still open on Election Day, so as to avoid discouraging voters in western states from voting.

Today, though, websites Vice and Slate plan on providing what they are characterizing as “live” voting projections throughout the day.

To be sure, this is an experiment, and a controversial one. Regardless, the numbers are being put out there, and the market is noticing. With the Slate data showing Hillary Clinton leading in several key swing states, stocks have shot higher and bonds have fallen.

Right now, VoteCastr are giving Clinton a four point lead in the crucial state of Florida, with 48% of support vs Trump’s 44%. If the Democrats do claim Florida, it’s hard to see a Republican victory.

BUT (and it’s a big one), realtime polling forecasts are still somewhat experimental. If early voters aren’t representative of the electorate, then their projections could be skewed, for example.

Sounds like they are breaking the rules a little here...

I'm sticking to good old fashioned tea leaves.

Seriously I doubt they are breaking rules. The mighty ginger one will be on thier case later this week if the are!

He will be looking for vengeance - we will be getting even more months of verbal diarrhoea when/if Trump loses.

Indeed.

Having said that i have always said i have many friends from the States and love the country, however i have always said/believed that the rulers of that country are egotistic at best and warmongers with little thought of the people they are supposed to serve.

War has always been a great way to keep the population under control. Give the less fortunate something to do instead of procreating. Different debate, but the fight against famine and disease might prove to be our undoing in the end.

Back