• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

American politics

It concerns me that all this negative press for Trump yet little for Hillary is a section of the press trying to sway the election.
Is there nothing about Hilary? There's virtually nothing, is she a saint, or is it being buried?

She's a terrible candidate, but I think she'll be a good president if she gets the job. There is something about her that makes her hard to like though. Put her against Trump and it should be no contest. If you were creating a candidate in a lab, you couldn't create a worse one than Trump.

It concerns me that all this negative press for Trump yet little for Hillary is a section of the press trying to sway the election.
Is there nothing about Hilary? There's virtually nothing, is she a saint, or is it being buried?

She has a terrible political history, she has messed up on the small stage and therefore should not be allowed on the biggest stage of all. The problem is she is against Trump who is batbrick crazy.

There is some stuff, but no more than usual for any career politician over there. They're all in the pockets of the big corporations and lobbyists.

The media have agendas though and just like politicians themselves do, it's about dragging the opponents through the mud instead of focusing on what they stand for. I have no doubt polls are skewed to influence final results/voter turnout. Republicans tend to vote on election day, so recent polls have showed Trump having an outside chance to get them to turn out. Just like SSN on transfer deadline day. An election that isn't a close race doesn't bring in ad money.

Not sure about "great" but definitely a very good one. I think his legacy will be felt for decades to come, particularly regarding health care.

Americas big problem is the ability to affect change. It seems the president is powerless to help in the race problems, I was watching something on inside Obama Whitehouse which was saying race problems in America have hightened with him there

There is some stuff, but no more than usual for any career politician over there. They're all in the pockets of the big corporations and lobbyists.

The media have agendas though and just like politicians themselves do, it's about dragging the opponents through the mud instead of focusing on what they stand for. I have no doubt polls are skewed to influence final results/voter turnout. Republicans tend to vote on election day, so recent polls have showed Trump having an outside chance to get them to turn out. Just like SSN on transfer deadline day. An election that isn't a close race doesn't bring in ad money.
This. Clinton like everyone who has gone before is effectively bought and paid for.

Trump could have been something quite different considering his background but turns out he is the least suitable candidate for the job in the entire country. The US political system needs a shakeup but until they change their electoral system it is not going to happen. Money has too much influence on the candidates, including Trump though for a different reason. He sees the presidency as a way to gain advantage for himself and go after those he doesn't like. He doesn't give a hoot for anyone else no matter what he says.

She's an awful person and only marginally a better politician.

She knows enough to keep her mouth shut though. In a reverse of just about every US election that's ever happened, every time one of the candidates is in the news, they drop in the polls. He can't shut up, she is just keeping quiet and letting him self-destruct.

She has a terrible political history, she has messed up on the small stage and therefore should not be allowed on the biggest stage of all. The problem is she is against Trump who is batbrick crazy.
Worst election options ever.

In any other year Clinton would be laughed out of town, but Trump has managed to out-brick her.

What policy changes do you see him making and why are the good?

This should be fun!

I dont get the hate for Clinton but there is little of this whole US pantomime that is not beyond strange and very disturbing.
Its is like a horror movie where Trumpies are trying to take over the world.

It shows how bad a candidate she is when the polls are split on who will win. She has been in politics for years and yet a guy like Trump who has no history of politics can run her so close. I do not feel sorry for yanks very often but in this case i do.

It shows how bad a candidate she is when the polls are split on who will win. She has been in politics for years and yet a guy like Trump who has no history of politics can run her so close. I do not feel sorry for yanks very often but in this case i do.

She is unliked, people don't relate to her in a good or bad way, even those that oppose Trump don't relate to her.

She is unliked, people don't relate to her in a good or bad way, even those that oppose Trump don't relate to her.

I understand that, but lets be honest she should be doing a lot better then she is after all her challenge is against a man who has no experience of running for election. Over the years America have had a few clowns put in office ( Raygun, Bush, and others) but as i say i feel sorry for the choice they have this time.

I understand that, but lets be honest she should be doing a lot better then she is after all her challenge is against a man who has no experience of running for election. Over the years America have had a few clowns put in office ( Raygun, Bush, and others) but as i say i feel sorry for the choice they have this time.

She came down to Trumps level, he played a blinder in that respect, she could have run her own campaign on policy but she got caught up in name calling.

That and as I say, her political record is shocking, helps her none

I think this election has been like no other and Trump is a candidate like no other. It is certainly the most interesting election I can remember but for the wrong reasons I guess. Trump has exposed a very ugly side of the American people that obviously has been simmering under the surface for a long time. He has given legitimacy to sentiments of large groups of people who opinions are divisive and fuelled by nothing more than hate. It is a sad reflection on the country as a whole really.
I'm rather apathetic about Clinton. Not much will change compared to Obama's tenure I imagine, if she is elected.

he won against the GOP heavy weights and the US politics has become so adversary since Obama came to power that it is very hard to win over those who consider themselves Republican. the GOP have been attacking Clinton for the past 8 years, they knew she was DNC candidate elect, this laid the ground work, she is an average politician not the devil. Trump has continued in this vein.

Obama won the 2012 51% to 47%, doubt there will be a huge difference going forwards nature of US politics. Anyone watch Braindead? thought it was quite good satire.

Back