• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alejo Véliz

Great for him to get his first goal for Espanyol. Even greater that it was the game winner late in stoppage time that involved good skill from him to score.

I hope he gets a consistent run of games to develop footbalistically and comes back challenging for the backup spot to Solanke, or even pushing Solanke for the starting CF spot.

Good early game, seems to be getting starts and full 90

brick team, so they depend on him and he has to work his nuts off ...

So far so good loan wise ..

Good early game, seems to be getting starts and full 90

brick team, so they depend on him and he has to work his nuts off ...

So far so good loan wise ..
That’s the kind of loan he can learn loads from
When I saw Scarlett going to Oxford who suddenly have the joint top scorer i have to feel he is jinxed

Interesting to read what Graham Hunter had to say about him:

“For Veliz, people need to understand, he’s a country boy, a country boy who was playing for not quite a village team when Rosario spotted him and took him to one of Argentina’s big, certainly passionate cities. He didn’t spend long there and was recruited by Spurs and they’ve given him – my memory tells me it’s a contract until 2029, because they think that highly of him.

“I saw him at Spurs last season scoring at Brighton, he took three attempts to finish a goal because of jitteriness or nerves, but our producer who is watching this now [Veliz’s late winner for Espanyol], who is a massive Espanyol fan. I said to him at the beginning of the season after game week one, and he agreed I’m not taking credit, Veliz has got it, he’s got the movement, he’s got the aggression. He has a certain something that means that occasionally he’ll try things and you’re like ‘no’, I think he could be a 16 or 17 goal [striker] this season. Which is a big ask, I know I might be wrong, but what I see in him are the special elements about judgement, about movement, about being able to hold players off.
Raw, raw as a farm boy – partially because he is a country boy, but they have an exciting footballer.”

Back