• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

World Cup 2018 Qualifiers

The sligthtly below top sides try to play good football but can't because the players ususally don't play together more than a few days a year. Therefore the poorer sides can get results by defending solidly and trying to destroy andy attempts at football as this is much easier to do than having a working attacking system.

And that is why boring Ireland will go to Russia next summer and pretty good Denmark will stay at home.
You obviously didn't watch Kroatia vs Greece or Sweden vs Italy

Well, the Croatian team has much better players than Denmark, so they managed to win against a Greece team that in fairness weren't all that well organised at the back. Meanwhile Croatia did not convince me defensively, which means they will struggle to get very far at the World Cup.

I missed Sweden v Italy.

I do find the slagging of the Irish teams on here by some hilarious. Given their scant resources their style of football is understandable.

England, meanwhile, have a lot more to pick from, and millions spent on their training facilities and set ups, and they are bloody awful to watch.

I dont care about all that soft stuff! I'm a football fan!;)

Still, they are a little too "industrial" IMHO considering they have some reasonably good professional footballers.
But get what your saying.

Well, the Croatian team has much better players than Denmark, so they managed to win against a Greece team that in fairness weren't all that well organised at the back. Meanwhile Croatia did not convince me defensively, which means they will struggle to get very far at the World Cup.

I missed Sweden v Italy.

It was grim for Italy......all the matches so far have helped me improve my skills at sudoku on the iPad.

That was a good game considering the state of the pitch. Swiss should have probably scored a few but NI equally could have sent it to ET at least.

I missed Sweden v Italy.
Apart from 3-4 players Croatia are average.

The big 4-5 teams at the World Cup should be confident about beating them. Anyone else could struggle in a one off game I think.

I do find the slagging of the Irish teams on here by some hilarious. Given their scant resources their style of football is understandable.

England, meanwhile, have a lot more to pick from, and millions spent on their training facilities and set ups, and they are bloody awful to watch.
Still ten times better to watch than Ireland's anti-football though. Hopefully Denmark will win the second leg and knock them out this week.

Last edited:
Still ten times better to watch than Ireland's anti-football though. Hopefully Denmark will win the second leg and knock them out this week.

I’m no supporter of the Republic of Ireland team but honestly find them no worse or better to watch than England.

I’m no supporter of the Republic of Ireland team but honestly find them no worse or better to watch than England.
I have never seen England play as negatively as Ireland did against Denmark on Saturday. Hopefully justice will be done in the second leg and Eriksen will get to go to the World Cup.

It's a proper game too! No nonsense attitude all over the pitch. International games are a totally different game when it really matters.

Back