• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What do you think about Spurs?

Do you know about the sustainability activities of the Spurs (Greenest Club in the Premier League)?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Never heard about it

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Sustainability? Spurs?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LenPa

Kazuyuki Toda
Hi all,

I am currently working on a university research project about how fans perceive Spurs and what you think about the sustainability activities of Spurs. I want to get in touch with you (Spurs fans) as Spurs were named the "Greenest club in the Premier League". I would like to ask you (if you my can share some few minutes) to fill out a survey regarding your attachment to Spurs and how you feel about the sustainability activities of the team:
https://tummgmt.eu.q...ezoaFmTn7i8los6

And as I can totally understand that people do not want to participate in such surveys I would appreciate to share my findings with you if you are interested into them (this at least the one thing I can do for you next to some discussion and a raffle )!

Looking forward to your thoughts and responses.
Best regards,
Len

Last edited:
Maybe a language thing, but fair warning before people jump on you.

It's Tottenham Hotspur or Spurs, not quite "the Spurs"

I'd also recommend you post this to Come on You Spurs! (reddit.com) (Reddit forum /r/coys) is you want more answers

Thank you for the feedback and the tip. Yes, it is a language thing. I was wondering about it and I changed it now!

And I will do that. I really appreciate your help!

Hi all,

I am currently working on a university research project about how fans perceive Spurs and what you think about the sustainability activities of Spurs. I want to get in touch with you (Spurs fans) as Spurs were named the "Greenest club in the Premier League". I would like to ask you (if you my can share some few minutes) to fill out a survey regarding your attachment to Spurs and how you feel about the sustainability activities of the team:

And as I can totally understand that people do not want to participate in such surveys I would appreciate to share my findings with you if you are interested into them (this at least the one thing I can do for you next to some discussion and a raffle )!

Best regards,
Len

Personally, whilst sustainability is something I do think about and that I do consider important, its irrelevant for my support for Spurs.

In the same way that investments I make are for financial return (solely), my interest in Spurs is for football (and punishment?) solely.

I dont see the need to complicate my life by needing different parts of my life to overlap

Hi all,

Best regards,
Len

Spurs generally has a good record of community activity (investment in local area, training school for locals, using stadium as NHS location during pandemic) and sustainability.

- From my perspective it matters
- Most supporters would prefer their club not be associated with owners/money from shady backgrounds
- However, most supporters are also hypocrites completely and would look away if someone bought success regardless of where that came from.

If the club were serious about sustainability they’d not bring out 3 new kits every season!

I’d imagine we don’t even wash the matchday ones and reuse them too either? Just a new one ever match?

If the club were serious about sustainability they’d not bring out 3 new kits every season!

I’d imagine we don’t even wash the matchday ones and reuse them too either? Just a new one ever match?

I believe the kits use recycled materials ..

All sustainability is a trade off, the club isn't going to kill a revenue stream for a minimal impact on overall sustainability.

The single best thing anyone can do for the environment/sustainability is "don't have children", yet no one talks about it, just brick about not eating meat or cycle to work.

I believe the kits use recycled materials ..

All sustainability is a trade off, the club isn't going to kill a revenue stream for a minimal impact on overall sustainability.

The single best thing anyone can do for the environment/sustainability is "don't have children", yet no one talks about it, just brick about not eating meat or cycle to work.
That's actually a good point, technically they're '2nd hand' and should be sold at a price to reflect this.

Eh. Club committed to the campaign to reduce emissions and energy use at club facilities (can't recall the name) a long time before others did. It seems that they take it reasonably seriously - although it may just be a happy coincidence, in the sense of 'we're building a new training ground and stadium, might as well build sustainability into it'.

Eh. Club committed to the campaign to reduce emissions and energy use at club facilities (can't recall the name) a long time before others did. It seems that they take it reasonably seriously - although it may just be a happy coincidence, in the sense of 'we're building a new training ground and stadium, might as well build sustainability into it'.

Yep, the club has included sustainability in it's planning since 2009

Said it elsewhere, in most things off the pitch we have been amazingly progressive and way ahead of others.

I don't know what the carbon footprint of a joke is but anything the club can do help them be recycled is positive

Back