• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

What do you think about Spurs?

Do you know about the sustainability activities of the Spurs (Greenest Club in the Premier League)?

• Yes

Votes: 10 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • Never heard about it

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 17.6%
  • Sustainability? Spurs?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Yep, Daniel Levy gets a lot of flack from supporters/general media for two things

- His risk/reward strategy re squad investment
- His concentration on the business of the club.

What they do miss is off the pitch Spurs are an extremely progressive club and have been so for a long time, e.g.

- Sustainability involvement since 2009
- Bringing a Director of Football long before other clubs in the UK
- Rebuilding the training facilities and academy in 2012 (which included investment into area again)
- Bringing in Olympic experienced medical staff and reworking facilities in 2006
- Tottenham Hotspur foundation as a charity since 2004 that the club actually asked to be audited for impact in 2014 (first PL club to do anything like this) (2014 Audit if interested, pre Stadium) -> Includes job skilling and finding -> Employment & Skills | Tottenham Hotspur
- As far back as 2006, Spurs topped all other PL clubs in both % and total charitable contributions
- London Academy of Excellence Tottenham is a sixth form free school which opened in September 2017
- Making the stadium available to NHS during large part of pandemic breakout

Honestly list goes on, but often doesn't go with the narrative against the club/ownership so often is never covered.

Sorry for the late reply.
You are absolutely right about this and I really like this list! Of course most fans look at the results of the team and are (partly) disappointed. But Spurs do a lot of things off the pitch which are important for the club, the community and hopefully also for the environment.

Community initiatives are under-appreciated in my opinion. Not just visiting the hospital during Christmas but the whole investment in the stadium allowing greater economic activities, jobs for locals and appreciation of the surrounding land prices. I think these have more meaningful and direct impact into the communities than banning plastic straws for instance. I think the club is starting to more and that's great but I feel that the players can do a lot more than they do right now. Marcus Rashford is a great example.

I agree. Players have a great opportunity as a lot of fans look up to them and see them as a trustworthy communicator. I have the feeling that more players start to do something but still there are a lot of players which can do more (at least in my opinion).

I’ve filled it out too, good luck to you.

Don’t forget Spurs have a chicken badge so obviously none of us are allowed to eat chicken.

Back