• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

So people kept going on and on about how buying from the lower leagues is the way forward, we signed Rodon, Spence and Jack Clarke in the not so distant past with Rodon and Spence being highly rated and almost exciting the fan base just for them all to be brick. Maybe that is not the plan if you haven’t got the space for them to get game time. This is why the likes of Palace have success with it, as they just chick them in at the deep end and help them develop. This is why we need teams like that, its not just a case of buying them in the hope they come good, they don’t develop here and at the other big teams like they do at the smaller prem clubs.
Or do what Brighton do and own a feeder club

I'd happily see Spurs get rid of Lo Celso and use Harvey White to cover that position in the squad.

I don't think he's going to make it with us, I thought he was very good a couple of years ago but doesn't look liked he's progress enough, he didn't stand out in the U21s last night or the Derby game and he was the most experienced player on the pitch in both matches.

I don't think he's going to make it with us, I thought he was very good a couple of years ago but doesn't look liked he's progress enough, he didn't stand out in the U21s last night or the Derby game and he was the most experienced player on the pitch in both matches.
Neither is Lo Celso, so we might as well use the home grown option.

Neither is Lo Celso, so we might as well use the home grown option.

Jamie Donley plays that role in U21s but he's only 18, probably a bit too early for him. He was pushed up wide last night and without him and Devine in midfield the team played a lot slower, like all good players they know what they are going to do before they get the ball and can see things quickly.

Excelsior just got a player sent off.
LWF I think, so good change Parrott can get some game time next match.

For anyone with Spursplay it's worth watching the full match of the U21's they are playing some very good football, their confidence on the ball and movement is a joy to watch. Kyerematen played in Devine role and was good.

Walking the dog tonight I bumped into the local villa scout chap that I kinda know

things he said…

we have lucked out with the current crop of youth coming through
Not only are they technically great but their a tight nit bunch of lads (his exact words)
He said every club has one or two stand outs and they know that but we have 6 or 7
He would love to get Donley to villa but he will be the new Kane for us

also said the new DOF will be the Italian head of scouting Gabiadini and it’s likely to be confirmed when Scott man officially starts

steinssons gone as he thought he would just step up with Paratici going but that’s not the case

will be interesting if that happens

Walking the dog tonight I bumped into the local villa scout chap that I kinda know

things he said…

we have lucked out with the current crop of youth coming through
Not only are they technically great but their a tight nit bunch of lads (his exact words)
He said every club has one or two stand outs and they know that but we have 6 or 7
He would love to get Donley to villa but he will be the new Kane for us

also said the new DOF will be the Italian head of scouting Gabiadini and it’s likely to be confirmed when Scott man officially starts

steinssons gone as he thought he would just step up with Paratici going but that’s not the case

will be interesting if that happens
Thanks. That was rumoured a couple of months ago, that Gabbanini is really good and to keep hold of him, we need to promote him to DoF. However it feels like Paratici is still "the man" pulling the invisible strings, so maybe they will title things differently like Sporting Director and Chief Head of Sport and Director of Sporty Chiefness etc

Thanks. That was rumoured a couple of months ago, that Gabbanini is really good and to keep hold of him, we need to promote him to DoF. However it feels like Paratici is still "the man" pulling the invisible strings, so maybe they will title things differently like Sporting Director and Chief Head of Sport and Director of Sporty Chiefness etc
I’m guessing that Paratic will remain as consultant to Gabbanni

Not many games to keep an eye on this week

Tuesday
Port Vale Vs Crew 7:45pm (Devine)

Saturday
Port Vale Vs Burton 3pm (Devine)

Back