• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

U23s, Academy and Loanees

Have we ever had a really successful loan for a striker?? I've been trying to think back...

I suppose Parrott last season was a success (after some really poor ones before that) but they are rare aren't they?

None of Kanes were really a huge success (Some due to injuries)

Scarlett has been poor on loan.

I remember when we had a youngster called Kazaiah Sterling who was highly rated and went on loan to Sunderland in a Jan window in league one and thinking he would tear it up there as they were chasing promotion... But then they also bought Will Grigg and Sterling hardly played. Just checked and after a bunch of loans he is now in the USA minor league.

Gio Dos Santos had a decent short loan at Ipswich but then followed it up with a loan at Galatasaray where he decent score a single goal!

Have we ever had a really successful loan for a striker?? I've been trying to think back...

I suppose Parrott last season was a success (after some really poor ones before that) but they are rare aren't they?

None of Kanes were really a huge success (Some due to injuries)

Scarlett has been poor on loan.

I remember when we had a youngster called Kazaiah Sterling who was highly rated and went on loan to Sunderland in a Jan window in league one and thinking he would tear it up there as they were chasing promotion... But then they also bought Will Grigg and Sterling hardly played. Just checked and after a bunch of loans he is now in the USA minor league.

Gio Dos Santos had a decent short loan at Ipswich but then followed it up with a loan at Galatasaray where he decent score a single goal!

Rory Allen bossed it at Luton (6 in 8) and earnt a £1m move to Portsmouth off the back of it.

Just in from Cray Wanderers game, finished 2-2, good challenge for boys, Abbott and Hall played. Team were in control for long periods but got caught out by Crays long ball tactics and went 2 down, Ayayi pull one back just before half time and Wiiliams equalised from spot on 75 min. Good crowd 1,047. Highlight of night for my grandson was having his picture taken with Mickey Moore, he was standing next to us with his family.

I just noticed Cheatski Academy vs Spurs Academy on Friday 16 Aug at 19:00
PL2 Round 1
Big clash, with our U21s much depleted perhaps OR we might see some of our 'future stars' playing for us e.g. Tyrese Hall, Jamie Donley etc.

PS. Alfie Dorrington's dad confirmed today on Twitter that his son had his first proper training session on the road back to recovery.

Back