• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Transfer speculation

I'm not, probably means

- Sanchez is off, if they got Mbappe at best in first season it evens out

They have fallen into the Manure trap, buy names or big deals more aligned to making a statement than balancing the team on pitch for results
Bayern Munich midfielder Arturo Vidal has told Arsenal forward and fellow Chile international Alexis Sanchez, 28, to leave and join him at a "big team". (Evening Standard)

I'm watching all these other teams continually linked to spending huge sums, feeling very calm and knowing that few (if any) of those players being touted around would really improve us, and that Poch and Levy will have a plan.

It feels weird not to be consumed by the thought of who we need to snap up, but I like it.

I'm watching all these other teams continually linked to spending huge sums, feeling very calm and knowing that few (if any) of those players being touted around would really improve us, and that Poch and Levy will have a plan.

It feels weird not to be consumed by the thought of who we need to snap up, but I like it.

I hope they have a plan too, but above all hope we identify and secure our principal targets early - and certainly before pre-season starts.

We do need more depth though

We do need more depth though

We do to an extent, although even then I'm not greatly concerned.

If Walker goes, we need to figure out whether we trust Trips and KWP and sign someone else or not. That's really the only big issue of the summer for us though.

The rest of the defence is looking well stocked particularly if we get Sessegnon on. If Wimmer goes we can perhaps move for Maguire and promise him that if he's patient, it will be hard begins behind Toby and Jan but if he does what Trippier does, he'll be ok. We'll also have Davies so can easily switch from 343 to 4 at the back if needed. 2CV can step up for more games.

In midfield, Dier and Wanyama holding and Dembele and Winks as the passer, with Onamah knocking on the door to challenge Winks this year.

In behind the striker, Alli and Eriksen are locks for the team. We'll also have Lamela back and Son will have really stepped up. Getting on to 4th and 5th choices we're looking at GKN and Edwards, which is no bad thing, but maybe another signing here wouldn't go amiss.

Upfront, the choice is give Janssen one more go or replace him. Either way, it's going to be hard to get someone at Kane level.

I realise I'm listing a few youth players here, but that's intentional. We nee to trust them, and in actual fact these players that are well ingrained in the team spirit, the culture and the playing style and expectations of the club I frankly trust more than loads of new signings (as we saw with the waste of the Bale money). It's rare that a foreign signing settles quickly anymore (probably due to the high demands that coaches with specific systems place of their players) and therefore trusting youth is a smart play for us.

Depth is tough to achieve but I'm not worried. We've got CL so enough good games to go around. We probably need another good centre back if Wimmer goes, and Maguire is very gettable. We probably need someone in behind the striker, although we aren't going to sign someone who will play second fiddle to Dele and Eriksen that is already on their level. So it's maybe a Bruma, or further trusting GKN and Edwards. Upfront we either trust Janssen or not, and I'm minded to give him another go.

City are going to have to assimilate a lot of players into a culture and a way of playing very quickly, and the good thing is the players that they buy for 60 odd million simply cannot be worth that much more than the players we can buy for 30 odd. Same with the others, it's always going to be about whether our spirit and cohesion beats their supposed quality. And happily I don't see them signing people that represent such obvious steps up in the same way a Bayern do ahead of a Dortmund, for example (and even Bayern do that by actively weakening Dortmund and having a core of players kept over a number of years themselves).

We may not definitely win the league this year, nobody can predict that. But we're gonna be up there again.

Whilst looking at the Max Meyer vid on youtube I stumbled on this;

Now this would be a really random signing, the N'Koudou of this summer, but he looks quite decent.

We do to an extent, although even then I'm not greatly concerned.

If Walker goes, we need to figure out whether we trust Trips and KWP and sign someone else or not. That's really the only big issue of the summer for us though.

The rest of the defence is looking well stocked particularly if we get Sessegnon on. If Wimmer goes we can perhaps move for Maguire and promise him that if he's patient, it will be hard begins behind Toby and Jan but if he does what Trippier does, he'll be ok. We'll also have Davies so can easily switch from 343 to 4 at the back if needed. 2CV can step up for more games.

In midfield, Dier and Wanyama holding and Dembele and Winks as the passer, with Onamah knocking on the door to challenge Winks this year.

In behind the striker, Alli and Eriksen are locks for the team. We'll also have Lamela back and Son will have really stepped up. Getting on to 4th and 5th choices we're looking at GKN and Edwards, which is no bad thing, but maybe another signing here wouldn't go amiss.

Upfront, the choice is give Janssen one more go or replace him. Either way, it's going to be hard to get someone at Kane level.

I realise I'm listing a few youth players here, but that's intentional. We nee to trust them, and in actual fact these players that are well ingrained in the team spirit, the culture and the playing style and expectations of the club I frankly trust more than loads of new signings (as we saw with the waste of the Bale money). It's rare that a foreign signing settles quickly anymore (probably due to the high demands that coaches with specific systems place of their players) and therefore trusting youth is a smart play for us.

Depth is tough to achieve but I'm not worried. We've got CL so enough good games to go around. We probably need another good centre back if Wimmer goes, and Maguire is very gettable. We probably need someone in behind the striker, although we aren't going to sign someone who will play second fiddle to Dele and Eriksen that is already on their level. So it's maybe a Bruma, or further trusting GKN and Edwards. Upfront we either trust Janssen or not, and I'm minded to give him another go.

City are going to have to assimilate a lot of players into a culture and a way of playing very quickly, and the good thing is the players that they buy for 60 odd million simply cannot be worth that much more than the players we can buy for 30 odd. Same with the others, it's always going to be about whether our spirit and cohesion beats their supposed quality. And happily I don't see them signing people that represent such obvious steps up in the same way a Bayern do ahead of a Dortmund, for example (and even Bayern do that by actively weakening Dortmund and having a core of players kept over a number of years themselves).

We may not definitely win the league this year, nobody can predict that. But we're gonna be up there again.

Great post.

And lovely to end this terrible day trawling through some transfer flimflam - a very welcome diversion from the state of the world.

Back