• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** TOTTENHAM Vs CHELSKI OFFICIAL OMT***

Anyone else feel like we're playing not to lose rather than win?
Definitely. I said it before the match to my mate - we're playing for the draw IMO. Not committing too many players forward when we have an opportunity to break. As far as the game is concerned, we're controlling the tempo. If we want to make it exciting, then we will.

It's so frustrating becasue we have set up the team to stifle the game and then make the most of those few chances we get. So we have to stick them away. Man U against us a tight game, they get three chances and score them all, and one before half time. It makes all the difference.
Ade had an empty goal to head into.

Not sure about that. They are playing a very high line for some reason, which is leaving us vulnearable to long balls over the top.

I'd rather play a disciplined high line than drop our back 4 as deep as they have been in recent games. Leaves a HUGE gap in behind midfield and really caused us some problems in the past few games. its not like our back 4 is immoble. all (sans Gallas) have good enough pace to run with anybody they have

Why are we not running the ball out of defence, where is the tempo? I hate it when our mid field and defence are so flat footed.

Gary.

I think its our day, that was a penalty on Lampard and Chelsea look tired.

We cant conceded in the next 15 minutes. Keep calm. Ade and bale need more support from vdv and Sandro needs to step up in the middle.

Knock him if you will, but I think the key to us maybe winning this match is VdV's endeavor and effort. Unlike Luka, who has not gritted his way into this game NEARLY enough for me, Rafa has absolutely shown up and worked his knackers off...looks a little fitter these past couple of games too...the only major fear I have is if Terry gets subbed and goes looking for his missus...

Standout player by an absolute mile.

Covering behind right back one minute, in their penalty box the next.

We cant conceded in the next 15 minutes. Keep calm. Ade and bale need more support from vdv and Sandro needs to step up in the middle.

Could come into it. They are a much older team. Mind you, we're hardly reknown for being a fit side.

It's so frustrating becasue we have set up the team to stifle the game and then make the most of those few chances we get. So we have to stick them away. Man U against us a tight game, they get three chances and score them all, and one before half time. It makes all the difference.
Ade had an empty goal to head into.

Did you think for one second that Ade would manage it though? I didn't

The way things are going, we could score from 30 yards and the ref would give a handball or offside or call the game off

I actually think were playing quite smart.

A draw will do us, and chelsea need to win, so harry knows theyll attack us, were trying to frustrate them, and hopefully thatll show in the second half!

I would be mightily tinkled off if a penalty was given against us for that. Lumplard didn't seem too upset either.

Gary.

Why are we not running the ball out of defence, where is the tempo? I hate it when our mid field and defence are so flat footed.

Gary.

to be fair, i think the tempo plays in our favor a bit. don't want this turning into a track meet. they've got much more to offer with pace going forward.

It was on VDVs right foot as well, that final chance. Both shots. That explains a little - Im sure he would have been more clinical if he got it on his left foot, TBH.

I actually think were playing quite smart.

A draw will do us, and chelsea need to win, so harry knows theyll attack us, were trying to frustrate them, and hopefully thatll show in the second half!

We are playing well, but we're not scoring. They will at the first clear opportunity.

really at this point the last thing we need to do is drop back into a shell and let them attack us. keep pressing, keep putting in an honest effort and we should be fine.

Back