• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM vs. ASTON VILLA - OMT

The point of playing 2 up top is so one can drop deep and one can play further forward but we've adopted a 4-4-2 where both drop deep and look for the ball meaning nobody is forward. Why?

I said i would give till the end of the season before i made my mind up about avb. I will stick to that but i doubt my opinon will change between now and then. It has nothing to do with results either.

I just find under him we never commit to attacks and when we do attack it is almost in a defensive way if that makes sense?

not a big fan of this style of football.

Chich normally I would agree but we have been good this game. Its just not swashbuckling thats all - its very methodical and functional

OK another corner

Will we make it genuinely difficult, or just another floater and 3 men in the box

The latter of course

3 men in the freaking box!

How will ever score a goal from a corner if we only put three people in the box? When we get set pieces we need to invest in them and get as many bodies in the box as we can without giving too much ground defensively. I would argue that we need to ensure that we have 2 players back on the half way line, 1 player between the box and the half way line and then we have another 7 players, including the corner taker, 6 of whom could be in a position to go in the box, so why just three?!

Chich normally I would agree but we have been good this game. Its just not swashbuckling thats all - its very methodical and functional

Yeah excatly mate and the problem is when you play teams like villa you will have a lot of trouble breaking them down, does thiss mean we are victims of our success(limited) because teams play more defensive against us then they would say sunderland? i dont know but it bores the fudge out of me and im not a huge fan of this style of play.

I think we will end up roughly where we would under an avb style of coach as we would under a redknapp or a jol. I know which i prefer to watch, as limited as jol and redknapp were when i walk up the stands in the lane to get to my seat im excited under those guys, im not under avb.

AVB has done nothing major wrong and he is clearly an all right coach im just chatting here, will always support the club, but for me now it is back to the graham years.

Yeah excatly mate and the problem is when you play teams like villa you will have a lot of trouble breaking them down, does thiss mean we are victims of our success(limited) because teams play more defensive against us then they would say sunderland? i dont know but it bores the fudge out of me and im not a huge fan of this style of play.

I think we will end up roughly where we would under an avb style of coach as we would under a redknapp or a jol. I know which i prefer to watch, as limited as jol and redknapp were when i walk up the stands in the lane to get to my seat im excited under those guys, im not under avb.

AVB has done nothing major wrong and he is clearly an all right coach im just chatting here, will always support the club, but for me now it is back to the graham years.

Were you not one of those that hated Harry? haha

The thing is that we are getting progressively like this, able to have possession, able to attack and not able to do anything when we have the ball. Teams are realising this and we need that key, in our play, to start unlocking opposition defences and creating real chances from which we can score.

I remember last season when we played away to Sunderland, one of the most dire games that I've seen as it ended 0-0 and yet a lot of games this season are threatening to replicate that performance, it's frustrating and I'm yet to see whether the answer for this 'key' is going to come from.

It's gonna be 0-0 at HT isn't it? Probably 0-0 at FT if we don't grow some balls. Loads of nice play, but we aren't clinical enough, just playing nicely but not ruthlessly.

Maybe we need to commit one more man forward

It's gonna be 0-0 at HT isn't it? Probably 0-0 at FT if we don't grow some balls. Loads of nice play, but we aren't clinical enough, just playing nicely but not ruthlessly.

Maybe we need to commit one more man forward

I think we should, after all it's hardly like Villa have been threatening us, is it?

Ireland is a very good player, he is more likely to hurt us than anyone else with a clever ball or late run

Back