• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

TOTTENHAM vs. ASTON VILLA - OMT

I take it your a grown man (please correct me if im wrong). Are you seriously telling me to fudge off and calling me names (a "mug and a "bell" no less) because you dont agree with my opinion on an internet forum ?

Mayby its you thats in the wrong place if you only want "conformists" to post on here. Who's embarrassing themselves now ?

I don't want your negative fudging boat in my thread. Which is why I told you to fudge off. Be negative in a different thread.

Apart from our win two years ago (Rafa double with 10 men - lovely!) have we not got a history of getting bad results at Villa Park around the festive fixture period??

Apart from our win two years ago (Rafa double with 10 men - lovely!) have we not got a history of getting bad results at Villa Park around the festive fixture period??

97-98 - 26th Dec - Lost 4-1 Away
99-00 - 29th Dec - Drew 1-1 Away
01-02 - 29th Dec - Drew 1-1 Away
06-07 - 26th Dec - Won 2-1 Home
07-08 - 1st Jan - Lost 2-1 Away
10-11 - 26th Dec - Won 2-1 Away

We tend to get them away alot.

We're 6th, level on points with 4th. How much higher do you think this squad should have us?

Given the lack of quality shown by the leaders we should be right up there challenging. Not 13 points adrift.

We're 9 points short of where we were this time last year. Not good enough.

The deluded blind faith of some fans in an under achieving team and a clueless manager is just as embarrassing isnt it ? We could be in the bottom 6 and losing every week and some fans would still post "positive" comments.

Come back and post here after 90 minutes against Villa and we shall see who was right. Remember the way they were humiliated 8-0 today.

Wait and see what we do to them (although deluded posters here already have the excuses lined up such as "It was a bad time to play Villa after a thumping" and "they wanted to show their fans they could bounce back from a trouncing" and "they parked the bus after conceding 8 so they were hard to break down" etc etc etc !

Yawn !

You'd think we were going by your posts, but we're actually on the same amount of points as the team in 4th.

People are deluded because they think we're doing okay, with potential to improve still? I'd say your idea of what we should be achieving is far more deluded. Our two recent home games compare very well with a majority of games under Redknapp, so any lack of excitement would be down to you. Could it be that you just don't like AVB?

You'd think we were going by your posts, but we're actually on the same amount of points as the team in 4th.

People are deluded because they think we're doing okay, with potential to improve still? I'd say your idea of what we should be achieving is far more deluded. Our two recent home games compare very well with a majority of games under Redknapp, so any lack of excitement would be down to you. Could it be that you just don't like AVB?

This a very good point, Redknap lost us points by being brave and always tried to win games ( the only time I thought he was negative was the LC final against Utd).

AVB and our team have been criticised for giving away points in the last ten minutes, under Harry he would have gone for it and games like Swansea and Stoke at home we might have lost, we also had some disapointing displays under Harry which people tend to forget.

I think the top teams have plenty of quality, and it's no surprise they're ahead of us. I think the place we're at is about right and certainly don't think we should be up there challenging for the title with our squad. Utd's attack is way better than ours, so is City's, Chelsea have a superior team and far superior squad.

Given the lack of quality shown by the leaders we should be right up there challenging. Not 13 points adrift.

We're 9 points short of where we were this time last year. Not good enough.

that's a bit of a misleading stat there Hully - same fixtures as last season we're only one point off, which imv is a far better indication as it takes in to account who you have played rather than just purely the same number of matches.

Last edited:
The perfect Xmas stocking-filler for a Villa fan...

A1476.jpg

I fully expect the usual. Another dull, lifeless, baron game devoid of excitement and especially devoid of anything resembling management. Its happened for 90% of the season so far so why should boxing day be any different. Bar humbug !

So, can we assume you are not going to watch this dull, lifeless etc. game.

The deluded blind faith of some fans in an under achieving team and a clueless manager is just as embarrassing isnt it ? We could be in the bottom 6 and losing every week and some fans would still post "positive" comments.

Come back and post here after 90 minutes against Villa and we shall see who was right. Remember the way they were humiliated 8-0 today.

Wait and see what we do to them (although deluded posters here already have the excuses lined up such as "It was a bad time to play Villa after a thumping" and "they wanted to show their fans they could bounce back from a trouncing" and "they parked the bus after conceding 8 so they were hard to break down" etc etc etc !

Yawn !

WELL, WE ARE JOINT 4th.

That is not bad as per your highlighted quote

that's a bit of a misleading stat there Hully - same fixtures as last season we're only one point off, which imv is a far better indication as it takes in to account who you have played rather than just purely the same number of matches.

Agree 100%. Compare apples to apples

Not really sure which Villa, and which Spurs for that matter, will turn up. I'm hoping its a 'still shell-shocked' young Villa which turns up that cant handle Bale and Lennon, and we coast to 3pts, but we all know they will be fired-up and be a shadow of the shambles that barely passed as a football team at Stamford Bridge yesterday.
It's a phrase that I seem to use a lot, but one of these days seem f#cker is going to get a good-hiding off Spurs, we cant keep having games where have 20+ attempts on goal and only score one goal.

Would love it to be 3-0 to the Spurs on Boxing Day, but have a gut feeling its going to be another frustrating night at Villa Park
1-1

People should remember only a game previous Villa played an excellent game at Anfield, and Benteke looked absolutely class. Anyone thinking we should just be turning up to Villa Park and battering them is just bound to have their expectations unfulfilled, regardless of their result against Chelsea.

97-98 - 26th Dec - Lost 4-1 Away
99-00 - 29th Dec - Drew 1-1 Away
01-02 - 29th Dec - Drew 1-1 Away
06-07 - 26th Dec - Won 2-1 Home
07-08 - 1st Jan - Lost 2-1 Away
10-11 - 26th Dec - Won 2-1 Away

We tend to get them away alot.

Thats quite a lot of times for such a short period, I'm not totally convinced these fixtures are randomly generated. Wouldnt surprise me if the missing seasons in that list we have played Fulham on Boxing Day/27th. We just dont seem to play anybody else other than those 2 teams

The Aston Villa Premier League game on Wednesday will be Tottenham's 85th competitive match played on a Boxing Day (not every year had one).

Here is our complete record for those 84 Boxing Day matches played so far...

P0128.png

Back