• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham v Man U OMT***

No progressive passers in midfield. No dribblers on the wing. No one really capable of playing quick one touch or able to beat a man. So pedestrian.

I look at the United midfield and it's nothing special but it looks much better balanced than ours. They have a DM, a seeker and a passer and goal threat. We just have 3 vaugely similar players who all lack in the largely the same areas.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

Completely. Lacking someone who is comfortable on the ball in there and some balance

How can we be THIS bad in possession, it's baffling. And it's not a one-off, happens vs all the decent teams.
The answer is simple. We simply aren't good on the ball. All the evidence supports this. We only look good on the transition and that's because there is ample space to control, turn and play forward. Press us or give us no space and we are clueless.

Sent from my XQ-BC72 using Fapatalk

And fudging weaselface of all people. No matter, they can enjoy their time in the Europa League next season.

People can rattle on about the league position and "if it's good enough for Conte" like they are all encapsulating views but we have thrown up some turgid performances this year, like today's as bad as anything I've seen in a long time

Much as I admire Conte's achievements, and I do think he improves players, I'm beginning to think that essentially he is Mourinho with better players and a slightly less miserable/arrogant attitude. Can we really consistently beat top teams in the way that we need to in order to win anything using Conte's tactics. Maybe a team with our ambitions needs something more adventurous than just 'soak it up and hit them on the break'.

And why the (too) late subs always?

Back