• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

**TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs QUEENS PARK RANGERS OMT**

What will the outcome of this game be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
People have very selective memories, they don't seem to remember when Defoe was our first choice and was anonymous for entire games. The man has no holdup play to speak of, his only use is with two up top

Sent from my Nexus S using Fapatalk

Agreed, on his own he has no hold up play but he is our most natural goal scorer and right now we have a problem scoring goals. I would suggest playing Defoe with Ade

we need 5 in midfield with sandro and parker. QPR is going to come at us we need to do them on the break. i say drop VDV for Sandro. This should be how we play away. We almost nick it away to Chelsea i am sure we can do better with QPR. COYFS!

I understand the significance of having a solid midfield but we need to score ourselves and right now we cannot rely on Ade, he simply upfront on his own, he simple misses too many chances

QPR are gonna line up 442

--------------Kenny--------------
Young--Onuoha--Ferdinand--Taiwo
--Barton--Derry--Diakit?®--Taarabt
--------Zamora--Cisse------------

I think we should go

----------Defoe--Adebayor-------
Lennon--Modric--Parker--VDV-----
Bale-----Nelsen--Kaboul---Walker-
-------------Friedel--------------

Why Nelsen and not Gallas? We need to defend against Zamora in the air and against Cisse's pace. Gallas can get away with man marking neither of them. He's be out headed by Zamora and out pace by Cisse. Kaboul is the only Defender we have able to deal with Cisse. I've gone for Nelsen to win a aerial battle with Zamora.
Bale at left back. Against Barton why not. QPR have no wide threat here. QPR will be set up so that Barton tucks into the centre and helps out. Bale and Lennon down the same flank against Luke Young, its gonna cause havoc.
Over the other side VDV will be coming deep when needed, no doubt Adeboyor would drift out there too.
VDV and Lennon could swap over when needed to stretch QPR even further.
And Defoe. He doesn't go much but he's the only player scoring goals at the moment.
Two in the centre of midfield to match QPR's two with VDV helping out when needed.

Lennon Right,Bale left. Keep it simple. In desperate need for a win,why start fudging around with players positions? Taarabt is likely to drift,Lennon would get a lot of joy down the right IMO.

we need 5 in midfield with sandro and parker. QPR is going to come at us we need to do them on the break. i say drop VDV for Sandro. This should be how we play away. We almost nick it away to Chelsea i am sure we can do better with QPR. COYFS!

no, no, no, no, no. 5 in midfield means that we have a back 4 who are unlikely to score and 3 CMs, none of whom are goalscorers. When we play that formation we lack attacking threat and goal threat.

Play the way we were when we were getting decent results in the first half of the season. Bale, Modric, parker and Lennon in midfield; Adebayor and Rafa up top.

If we're worried about 'QPR coming at us' and us not having the ability to beat them without chaning our tactics then we can forget about finishing top 4

Lennon Right,Bale left. Keep it simple. In desperate need for a win,why start fudging around with players positions? Taarabt is likely to drift,Lennon would get a lot of joy down the right IMO.

exactly. Round pegs in round holes. We have a tactically inept manager as it is so better for him to stick to a formation which any old-school Brit knows: 4-4-2

Could well be over for top 4 if we don't win on Saturday. We need a win to lift the spirits of everyone associated with the club. I can't see us catching Chelsea if they get ahead of us.

QPR will be targetting a point

Harry will tell us that a point away is a good point

I predict a draw

no, no, no, no, no. 5 in midfield means that we have a back 4 who are unlikely to score and 3 CMs, none of whom are goalscorers. When we play that formation we lack attacking threat and goal threat.

Play the way we were when we were getting decent results in the first half of the season. Bale, Modric, parker and Lennon in midfield; Adebayor and Rafa up top.

If we're worried about 'QPR coming at us' and us not having the ability to beat them without chaning our tactics then we can forget about finishing top 4

Without Defoe, who is gonna score? He's the only consistent goal scorer we have at the moment.

Without Defoe, who is gonna score? He's the only consistent goal scorer we have at the moment.

Anyone got the stats for games & mins per goal for our players? I'm sure a table used to be posted regularly in previous seasons?

Although saying that last year people were using that as proof that Pav needed to start more!

Could well be over for top 4 if we don't win on Saturday. We need a win to lift the spirits of everyone associated with the club. I can't see us catching Chelsea if they get ahead of us.

chelsea will be virtually out of it if they lose on saturday. surely they'll rest players for that one ? if they play the same old team 4 games in 9 days they'll ship about 7 in the nou camp.

qpr basically have to win. they need 2 wins and they ain't getting much out of chelsea and Emirates Marketing Project.

i'd tak4 4 points from qpr and blackburn all day long. that will leave us nicely placed. you couldn't ask for a friendlier last 2 games than villa away and fulham at home.

Just don't know where the goals are coming from...
Scored 0 at Liverpool
Scored 0 at Stevenage
Scored 2 at Arsenal
Scored 0 at Everton
Scored 0 at Chelsea
Scored 0 at Sunderland

Why the hell aren't we scoring away from home any more???!

Truly shocking stats. IMO the reason is because we have (Harry has) changed our mentality. No longer do we attack teams. We just sit back "control midfield" have the lions share of possession and hope to catch teams and win by a solitary goal. Liverpool, Stevenage Sunderland, and Everton were just bilge to watch... and dont get me started on the scum game, where we should have started 4-5-1 but Harry inexplicably went 4-4-2. I recall a couple of seasons ago he played Crouch, Defoe and Keane (at LM) against Manure at home - with the inevitable loss resulting. he has forgotten our motto - TO DARE IS TO DO.

Defoe misses as many as he scores - that said, if he hits one of his purple patches then it might be worth starting him in the last few games as he does sometimes get on a roll. However his finishing is precisely the reason why he's failed to fulfill his potential during his career (ie never established himself at international level or been targeted by CL regular teams)

The lack of goalscorers is precisely the point I made above - we shouldnt be palying 3 CMs are none of them are regular scorers or support the forwards much. Rafa is our best finished and Bale isnt a bad finisher either...however having 3 CMs who play behind the ball rather than ever getting up with the CF just doesnt work

Truly shocking stats. IMO the reason is because we have (Harry has) changed our mentality. No longer do we attack teams. We just sit back "control midfield" have the lions share of possession and hope to catch teams and win by a solitary goal. Liverpool, Stevenage Sunderland, and Everton were just bilge to watch... and dont get me started on the scum game, where we should have started 4-5-1 but Harry inexplicably went 4-4-2. I recall a couple of seasons ago he played Crouch, Defoe and Keane (at LM) against Manure at home - with the inevitable loss resulting. he has forgotten our motto - TO DARE IS TO DO.

The clue is in the team selection. Out of the 5 league games which that person highlight:
- in 3 of them we've played Modric, Parker and Sandro
- in 1 of them we played Modric, Parker and Liverbore
- only in 1 did we play 4-4-2

Have said it repeatedly, however we do not have the CMs who are well suited to playing 3 in CM because none of them supprt the forwards and none of them are goalscorers. Given Harry is tactically inept though, he fails to realise this. To play 3 CMs you need one of them to be like Fiberglass, Cahill, Scholes, Lampard etc

Code:

And that's the concern. We badly need an Arsenal win but even that hurts us as well really given Chelsea's situation in the Champions League.

I have a feeling we are going to lose to a fairly late goal......I think it will be 1-1 for a long period before we get caught by a set piece late on.

QPR 2-1 Spurs : Cisse, Zamora - Van der Vaart

look you just have to have faith in barca and maybe real and bayern to do the business.

it really will be confirmation that we are totally cursed as a club if we end up 4th and that odious joke club somehow win the european cup

We keep playing 442 and we keep losing. I will be astonished if Harry is dumb enough to do it again.

My line up + subs (No there wont be 18 spurs player son the pitch, although we might sneak an away goal if we did)

384778_Tottenham_Hotspur.jpg

Back