• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Besiktas OMT ***

I manage team, if I just got my best guys to do everything they'd get fed up and leave whilst the others would never learn anything

also, I don't think any modern footballer can consistently play 3 games a week, the mental effort to handle that much information alone must be exhausting let alone the physical impact

but surely keeping others hungry in a different project (assuming prem, europa league etc are diff projects) - is good for the team. Also keeps them match fit.

Yeah but changing the entire team diminishes its ability to perform i.e. theyre not cohesive etc given that theyre only playing every two weeks together. I think Poch has his eye on the league and im happy with that, I wouldnt want to have the same 11 for each game regardless of EL or PL

Good half in the end. Still early days, but Kane's suddenly looking like our most potent forward by some distance.

Because there is no continuity. The team wont develop with a scatter gun approach. Get 15 players well acquainted with your system and style. Change 1/2/3 for injuries and form etc. once the first 15 get it then slowly build more players in.

Players in on minute then out the next even after having a good game will not do them any good.

Good management is getting your message across so everyone understands it and being consistent.

The team is only as good as your worst player.

Completely disagree mate

- You have a point if we were playing different teams every other game in the same competition
- To me it looks like Poch is doing exactly what I've been begging for
- Play your main team LLoris, Walker/Naughton, Kaboul, Vert, Rose, Lamela, Capoue, Bentaleb/Dembele, Eriksen, Chadli, Ade for PL
- Play other team in cups Lloris/Vorm, Dier, Vlad, Fazio, Davies, Bentaleb, Stambouli, Kane, Paulinhi, Townsend, Soldado

Player does really well in cup side -> promoted to PL side, not so well in PL side -> chance to prove/improve in cups

SAF/Mourinho have used massive squad changes many times, and their sides tend to do well on the back end of seasons, less injuries, less fatigue.

I manage team, if I just got my best guys to do everything they'd get fed up and leave whilst the others would never learn anything

also, I don't think any modern footballer can consistently play 3 games a week, the mental effort to handle that much information alone must be exhausting let alone the physical impact

I agree but totally changing it becomes predictable which means that players will be less motivated as theyll just see it as one game before theyre on the bench or left at home for the next game.

:)

You were asking for this Mumorn.

Id say it was completely different then questioning football managing skills. I'd say the majority of us have all played football and seen enough football to know when a player isnt playing at the best of his abilities.

Some talent players in the team. They are not fluid by any means - but you'd expect that as they are not playing every week.

I would like to see our midfield play more quick passes to each other to make space. When we get possession in midfield the player is often isolated. He needs an easy pass, then move to take the ball again etc. Player are not close enough to each other to make quick short passes in the middle.

But a promising performance from a completely second team (bar the keeper)

Back