• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

Wigwam at WHL were as good as any side this year and chased and harried for every ball, but we really were toss.

At their ground they arguably need the points ,ore than we do and that IMO plays into our hands. We're also going there with very few injuries and plenty of options for once this season

I'd stick with the 4-2-3-1 system but maybe use Holtby instead of Parker and definitely Defoe instead of Ade

Holtby has the energy needed with decent quick passing and tackling. Parker just loves his pirouettes too much and a game against a decent passing side will be all abou using our pace.

Ade was gash last week and try as he might (or might lot) he just offers so little for a man of his talents. Wigwam play a reasonably high line but also are relatively slow at the back . That to me suits Defoe and he has a great record against them.

The rest of the side picks itself (assuming we don't throw Lennon straight back in) with the only quandary who plays left back? I'd stick with Benny for as interested as he has looked he does help bale tick regardless of where Bale plays it seems (a few decent cross field balls last week to Bale on the right)

We really should have too much for them and ll be one of the 5000 going up there so we will definitely out sing them!!!!

Excellent, good stuff. Always seem to be a good atmosphere when we go to Wigan, boosted by the increased allocation we get there.
Buzzing for this one today, 3pm cant come quick enough.

Safe journeys for all those doing the trip up (and back). 20mins drive for us..for a change

im nervous about this one...

I work in Wigan, son naturally plenty of banter with the locals being going on this week. Not one of them fancies it today, hope to GHod their pessimism is proved to be correct.

They all think our pace will kill them. All I ask is that for once we have a match where we arent hanging on for grim death as we go into stoppage time. That last away day at Swansea I swear took at least a year off my life!

This is a must-win game for us if we want to stay in the top 4 race. Don't think we can rely on Arsenal and Chelsea dropping points. No one expected us to beat ManCity but we did. So, there will be huge expectations on us to beat Wigan. This is the kind match which we always feck up when we are expected to win. In fact, Wigan beat us at WHL earlier in the season. So, we shouldn't get complacent again against them. With our CL place at stake, the players need no motivation to take revenge on Wigan for that humiliating loss at home.

It was a great win over ManCity. We need to continue that winning feeling against Wigan. It was nice to see Defoe and Bale scoring against City, especially Defoe. He badly needed that goal to end his goal drought. Hope that goal has boosted his confidence to keep on scoring. Now Defoe can lift some pressure off Bale as we had relied on Bale for goals too much. It was another well-taken by Bale against City. But Bale needs to score more than 1 goal against teams like Wigan. He is more than capable of that but he tends to get satisfied with 1 goal. Hope Bale will be fired up to score more goals to challenge RVP and Suarez as top goal scorer in PL. Won't mind if Dempsey and Adebayor gets to play some part and score as well ! We really needs to beat teams like Wigan covincingly home or away.

Hudd played a key role in our win over ManCity. Won't mind if Hudd and Dembele start in midfield against Wigan. But not sure if Hudd will make the same impact if he starts. Maybe he is more suited to come on as sub. Also, can't see AVB dropping Parker as he seems to rate Parker very highly. Dembele has been poor in recent matches. Just hope he will rediscover his form for the remaining matches, starting with this one. The return of Lennon will be important for us. I think Bales plays well when Lennon is around. Hope Lennon will help us create many chances for Bale and Defoe in this match.

Don't want to put too much expectations on our error-prone defence. But will be very disappointed if we cannot keep a clean sheet in this match. Lloris and Vertonghen really should command the defence more as all the others are error-prone. Hope the likes of Dawson, Walker, BAE and Caulker will concentrate fully in defence all the time. We cannot afford to make any silly errors at this stage of the season. Hope we will be able to stop Wigan scoring.

After the brilliant win over ManCity, it will be disappointing if we cannot beat teams like Wigan. Hope we will turn up with the right mentality. We cannot afford to drop points here as Arsenal and Chelsea will take advantage of that. Hope we will give our best and beat Wigan convincingly.

Any official team news yet ?

Really hope Lennon will be fit for this match. We need all the help we can get to win the remaining matches.

I would say this game is not an absolute 'must-win', but it isnt far off. Anything less takes our destiny out of own hands and would make the Chelsea game a must-win, which right now I dont think it is

Definitely a 'must not lose' though, a defeat and we need 2 favours. Right now I'm a little worried we may not get one from United,let alone, QPR or Saudi Sportswashing Machine, or Swansea,Villa and Everton, depending on who you think are the most realisitic target to finish above

Every game is massive now, and simply has to be looked at in isolation. The most important game left this season is going to be .... whatever the next fixture is.

Play this game, hopefully win it, see what the others do and move onto the next game knowing that a win will be equally as crucial.

Any official team news yet ?

Really hope Lennon will be fit for this match. We need all the help we can get to win the remaining matches.

Bench for me for Azza, Ease him back gradually, and an excellent option from the bench late on

.................Lloris.......................
Walker..Dawson..Vertonghen..Ekotto
........Holtby.....Huddlestone.........
..............Dembele.......................
Dempsey............................Bale...
...............Defoe.......................

Subs. Friedel,Naughton,Caulker,Parker,Sigurdsson,Adebayor,Ceballos (not going to happen)

1-3 (Kone; Bale,Vertonghen,Dempsey)

Wigwam at WHL were as good as any side this year and chased and harried for every ball, but we really were toss.

At their ground they arguably need the points ,ore than we do and that IMO plays into our hands. We're also going there with very few injuries and plenty of options for once this season

I'd stick with the 4-2-3-1 system but maybe use Holtby instead of Parker and definitely Defoe instead of Ade

Holtby has the energy needed with decent quick passing and tackling. Parker just loves his pirouettes too much and a game against a decent passing side will be all abou using our pace.

Ade was gash last week and try as he might (or might lot) he just offers so little for a man of his talents. Wigwam play a reasonably high line but also are relatively slow at the back . That to me suits Defoe and he has a great record against them.

The rest of the side picks itself (assuming we don't throw Lennon straight back in) with the only quandary who plays left back? I'd stick with Benny for as interested as he has looked he does help bale tick regardless of where Bale plays it seems (a few decent cross field balls last week to Bale on the right)

We really should have too much for them and ll be one of the 5000 going up there so we will definitely out sing them!!!!

I faawt is woz ten faaaaasand? Definitely six fasaaasand.

Bench for me for Azza, Ease him back gradually, and an excellent option from the bench late on

.................Lloris.......................
Walker..Dawson..Vertonghen..Ekotto
........Holtby.....Huddlestone.........
..............Dembele.......................
Dempsey............................Bale...
...............Defoe.......................

Subs. Friedel,Naughton,Caulker,Parker,Sigurdsson,Adebayor,Ceballos (not going to happen)

1-3 (Kone; Bale,Vertonghen,Dempsey)

So why didn't you put him on the bench then ?

Swap Parker for Dempsey , push Holtby up and that's the team I'd have

Lloris; Walker, Dawson, Vertonghen, Assou-Ekotto; Parker, Dembele; Lennon, Bale, Dempsey; Defoe

That'll probably be the team.

Every game is massive now, and simply has to be looked at in isolation. The most important game left this season is going to be .... whatever the next fixture is.

Play this game, hopefully win it, see what the others do and move onto the next game knowing that a win will be equally as crucial.

Nail on head

Right we've had a week off and the sun on the lads backs and away games hold no fear.

I believe in AVB and the lads, COYS.

Back