• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur v Wigan Athletic Match History 2005-2013 & OMT

As much as the Emirates Marketing Project result was uplifting, this game will bring the lads back down to earth iif there not careful.

Wigan won't play open football like Emirates Marketing Project did. IMO their best hope is to nullify our pace by defending deep, getting behind the ball and hitting us on the counter.

This game will not be one for the purist- wigan have too much at stake.

The game will be decided by an individual error or piece of incredible skill.

We have the players who if they turn up on the day can do that bit of magic- Bale, Lenny, Dembele. Unfortunately we also have the players who can make silly errors- walker benny to name but two.

We need to use the confidence of the win on sunday to really get at wigan early on. If we score early that will force them to come out more and give us more chances to score.

This game as much as the big games v Emirates Marketing Project and united will really show whether we can be considered a real top four contender. I have faith the players and AVB won't let us down.

COYS!

Must score early.

Make them come out looking for goals, and then BOOM!

If we score first I'm certain we'll win. They will have to go for it and with Azza back along with Bale looking to be played in behind we will be a lethal counter-attacking threat.

Then again, what is THFC 60/61's OMT record? I seem to be associating their name with a couple of shockers recently... Bad vibes.

Then again, what is THFC 60/61's OMT record? I seem to be associating their name with a couple of shockers recently... Bad vibes.

Aston Villa (A) WIN
Norwich (H) LOSS
Reading (H) WIN
Coventry (H) WIN
Fulham (H) LOSS

And IIRC he was also a bit premature with Leeds in the cup.

Wigwam at WHL were as good as any side this year and chased and harried for every ball, but we really were toss.

At their ground they arguably need the points ,ore than we do and that IMO plays into our hands. We're also going there with very few injuries and plenty of options for once this season

I'd stick with the 4-2-3-1 system but maybe use Holtby instead of Parker and definitely Defoe instead of Ade

Holtby has the energy needed with decent quick passing and tackling. Parker just loves his pirouettes too much and a game against a decent passing side will be all abou using our pace.

Ade was gash last week and try as he might (or might lot) he just offers so little for a man of his talents. Wigwam play a reasonably high line but also are relatively slow at the back . That to me suits Defoe and he has a great record against them.

The rest of the side picks itself (assuming we don't throw Lennon straight back in) with the only quandary who plays left back? I'd stick with Benny for as interested as he has looked he does help bale tick regardless of where Bale plays it seems (a few decent cross field balls last week to Bale on the right)

We really should have too much for them and ll be one of the 5000 going up there so we will definitely out sing them!!!!

Both teams have at times his season picked up more points away than at home. At the moment we're both at 52% picked up at home.

Both teams have at times his season picked up more points away than at home. At the moment we're both at 52% picked up at home.

I'm glad this is away from home, I'd be more worried at home. Plus I really do hope that the fact they beat us at home will really tinkle our lads off, and be even more determined to get revenge

Wigan will try to dominate possession but will do little with.
We should concentrate on winning the ball back and breaking quickly.
So Defoe and Lennon should start. And Holtby in the middle to press them along side Dembele and Huddlestone to play the through balls we need.
So the same team that finished against City plus Lennon.

Must score early.

Make them come out looking for goals, and then BOOM!

If we score early, we will go into sleep mode for the rest of the match, allowing Wigan to dominate. That has been proven many times this season. So, we should not score for the first 15-30 mins. The right time to score will be 30-90 mins.

Wigan will try to dominate possession but will do little with.
We should concentrate on winning the ball back and breaking quickly.
So Defoe and Lennon should start. And Holtby in the middle to press them along side Dembele and Huddlestone to play the through balls we need.
So the same team that finished against City plus Lennon.

Yep that's the team for me as well.

Back