• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***Tottenham Hotspur v Reading OMT***

reading aren't a bad team - if only they'd focus on playing positive football instead of trying to maximize the number of cheap fouls they can get away with.

We're playing the right game even if it is frustrating to watch.

We have to be patient and pick and pick like we are doing. Once we get a second, we'll get more IMO.

I think we should bring on Friedel, Dempsey and Barrack Obama in the second half.

Get Dempsey on for Adebayor and we'll be fine. Adebayor could not give a brick...His effort this season has been as half arsed as his brick new hair style

Ade and Defoe are a major problem for us at home. Neither are willing to sow any clever movement at all. Really poor, Ade wants to come deep just to touch the ball, Defoe just wants to shoot from the edge of the d. Reading not making it easy with their negativity but that's not our problem, we need to find a different solution. Siggy is up for it but not really one for taking on players. Just need more from the front two.

We have to be patient and pick and pick like we are doing. Once we get a second, we'll get more IMO.

I think we should bring on Friedel, Dempsey and Barrack Obama in the second half.

:ross:

Nice trolling ;)

Get Dempsey on for Adebayor and we'll be fine. Adebayor could not give a brick...His effort this season has been as half arsed as his brick new hair style

I mentioned a few games ago that his second touch used to be a tackle, now his second touch is a "Fvck it, I'm not chasing that".

Adebayor's gotta come off. He's pointless. We should bring on Falque for him and put Lennon on the left and put Sig behind Defoe. Best chance of scoring is peppering the goal with shots as we don't look like we'll cut them open.

If we keep the pressure up second-half we'll win no worries, we've gone very close several times, we are creating...Dempsey perhaps, Parker will get on the pitch for sure...

I know he has a reasonable return from them but wish Defoe would at least consider other options when he gets the ball into his feet around the area. If he's facing the goal with the ball, there is only one thought in his mind, even though there are often better choices.

Otherwise, decent performance so far. Ade and Sig need to do a bit more for me though.

I think we really are getting more towards the style of football AVB considers his ideal, and it will get better once we get better players for it. We are clearly being more patient - you saw the commentators surprise that we didn't send the centre backs up for a deep free kick and decided to keep the ball. I'm liking it, and I think you can tell the crowd do too. They know we are playing well, they know Reading have come to frustrate us and they clapped us off rather than booed.

And playing a patient style of football means...we will require patience to break them down. It's ok that we are drawing now, and I expect us to come on more strongly in the second half. I'm happy with Sig, I think he is absolutely quality and probably just needs a run of games so the team gets used to him and so he can get into some sort of flow. You can see what goes through his head - he knows what to do, he just needs it to come off for him. Slightly concerned about Adebayor, but he's furthest upfield and Reading are sitting deep so it's always going to be a tough afternoon for him. Happy with everyone else, think Sandro could make more forward runs on Lennon's side to draw players in as happened once this half and it could create more space....or maybe play Dembele on the right of the two in the middle. Could work.

Very confident for the future though. Once we get more players in who are even more comfortable with this style, or once our own players get more comfortable with it themselves, we are going to be good. Teams are going to come and sit back at us and not stand a chance because we will break them down anyway. It will take time but I'm so sure we will get there.

Back