• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Chelski OMT***

Disappointed that once more Soldado is benched, having scored in the previous fixture, but I can understand why. Fingers crossed for a good result tonight!!

It is disappointing for him but I agree with chicken, if its the choice between Kane or Bobby for one position it just has to be Kane atm.

Dropping Soldado for Lamela is obviously controversial, but I do see the rationale. Lamela is a very hard worker and Pochettino might want him on the pitch early to press high up the pitch and prevent Chelsea from establishing their usual rhythm and levels of possession. Keep them unsettled. We'll then obviously see Soldado later in the game when - hopefully - Chelsea will be frustrated by our disruptive style and start making defensive lapses. Because along with Lennon, Mason, Bentaleb and Eriksen... that's a midfield that might be able to do a job when it comes to frustrating Chelsea through pace, pressing and hard work. And that's despite the fact that, man for man, most people would generally consider the Chelsea midfield superior.

Whether the strategy works or not is another thing entirely, and if it doesn't people will have a field day with the decision to drop Soldado. Understandably maybe. But in truth I think it makes sense, tactically. And even if it doesn't work, it's not just some random dumb decision; there's a method behind the apparent madness.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Very interesting to see whether we go 4411 wonky winger or 4231 in.vert.ed win.gers

If the latter, expect the three to drift around without the ball... and when we win it they can all share the same 7 blades of grass

Ha ha the lights have gone out at the game

Whoever changed in.vert.ed win.gers to Asian glossy starlings has no sense of humour. Please change it back.

floodlights look a bit weird. do they always dim the lights at the start of evening games or what. ****ing two bit plastic chavs waving plastic oil funded flags. ****ing sickening.

Back