• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Has anyone heard anything regarding how we are looking scheduling wise to definitely be in by next season? I know there was some roof based target next year but I wondered if there was any information floating about regarding the current levels of progress?

Those who have spoken to people on the site generally report that we're ahead of schedule. There's a lot of work going on inside that we won't see until it's done. The people working on the pitch area and the south stand (those that we see on camera) are only a small part of the total number of workers.

If the roof is to go up at the start of next year I think the south stand should be done before xmas so there's time to get the compression ring done and do all the necessary preparations on the ground that they are currently doing on the three other stands.
Some areas are a little bit behind, but the critical structures are said to be 4-6 weeks ahead of schedule.

February will be crucial, weather then nearly always effect outside work, so fingers crossed for mild winter.

Swings and roundabouts........mild winter usually equals rain, ok if lots of internals to do, cold winter bad for wet trades especially if still pouring concrete.

Overall, we have been very lucky with the weather since breaking ground......nothing extreme or long periods of (wind,rain,ice) and plenty of dry days.....so keeping things ticking nicely.

Edit: If you read the Daily Express we'll be closing down the site.....sub zero, artic, 3ft of snow :)

Swings and roundabouts........mild winter usually equals rain, ok if lots of internals to do, cold winter bad for wet trades especially if still pouring concrete.

Overall, we have been very lucky with the weather since breaking ground......nothing extreme or long periods of (wind,rain,ice) and plenty of dry days.....so keeping things ticking nicely.

Edit: If you read the Daily Express we'll be closing down the site.....sub zero, artic, 3ft of snow :)
Cold weather isn't an issue, even for concrete pouring. There's all kinds of magic stuff that can be added to the mixture. It's no problem even in -25 degrees.

Of course mild and good weather is preferable, as it's more comfortable, but bad weather is not a show stopper. Materials are delivered 3 weeks in advance to the depot next to WHL station. The biggest issue is wind, as strong winds means that lifts with cranes can't be done.

The stadium roof is a very tiny proportion of the roof to the indoor areas - most of which relies on the seating tiers as its roof.

Last edited:
DO2GTfPW4AI3G8X.jpg

DO2GTfOWkAAdLMx.jpg

Just look at them seats. Look at the pitch of that upper deck.

Haven't seen this in a while. As pleasant surprises go, I leave it to the immortal words of Little Chris from Lock, Stock &... :

'Fcukin' 'ell, John!'

Mate at the game today was told by a Mace man that it’s 23 weeks behind

I said that would be public knowledge a delay that large and my mate isn’t the brightest

Anyone else heard anything?

Back