• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

Re: Northumberland Development Project

Very impressive.

3tLPyjD.jpg

x2zjJOc.jpg

6MygCAs.jpg

kB5B81F.jpg

hK7SLbf.jpg

Xs6XkhL.jpg

vvDXjKf.jpg

cXVF9LT.jpg

bernabeu6.jpg

Bernabeu-Stadium-in-Madrid.gif

Absolutely stunning, really envy those who have been.

Used to drive past it on my way to work every morning for a couple of years in the mid-90s. It's impressive as hell, though I only actually went three times (all my mates in Madrid were Atlético fans, so I saw much more of them).

In a list highlighting their recent activities, legal firm Asserson says:

"We have advised the London Borough of Haringey on a Compulsory Purchase Order to facilitate the regeneration of North Tottenham which will involve the construction of a new football stadium for Tottenham Hotspur Football Club and much needed housing. The CPO Inquiry was held in April 2013 and the Secretary of State’s decision is anticipated in early 2014."
http://www.asserson.co.uk/assets/london-planning-brochure.pdf

Good detective work my man.

I think its time the trust starts to play hard ball. Release a statement wanting to know what is going on or if they refuse.. tell Enic to sell to someone that won't hold the club back and pay what its gotta pay to get it moving.

Unlikely. The Trust have been Levy's c0cksocket for years now.

I'm not the biggest fan of the THST but to be fair if it wasn't them we wouldn't even know if the single tier was staying or not in the design.
THST Official ‏@THSTOfficial

Stadium Update: The single tier 'kop' end stays in the new plans. There is a commitment to fan consultation moving forward from the Club.

https://twitter.com/THSTOfficial/status/377881750166573056

Last edited:

What makes you say that? Do you actually know anything about what has or hasn't been said between them?

I don't know anything that's been said between them, just what the Trust releases to the press.

Over the past ten years or so, I think we've spent in the region of £70m on property acquisition around the current stadium and a fair bit more on architects and planning fees.

We must also have spent, at a guess, £20 million + on the Sainsbury's and technical college building.

So maybe £100 million in total thus far?

The project has to go ahead eventually - not because of the money we've already spent on it but simply because we desperately need the new stadium.

Your killing me lol

You think we have spent a fair bit more than 70m on architects and planning fees? Yes I know you mean £10m but it reads as more than 70 and I spat my morning coffee when reading haha

Is this all guess work or do you have inside knowledge of the figures.

Last edited:

A few years ago Spurs debt rose from nominal (a few million) to something in the £60m range and the annual report stated this was mainly associated with property acquisitions. That was in a single year. While it didn't say that it was all property acquisitions, its reasonable to assume that other properties have been bought over the last decade. So I think the £70m is a good conservative estimate. It's unlikely to be significantly lower or could be substantially higher.

Your killing me lol

You think we have spent a fair bit more than 70m on architects and planning fees? Yes I know you mean £10m but it reads as more than 70 and I spat my morning coffee when reading haha

Is this all guess work or do you have inside knowledge of the figures.

I thought it was perfectly clear already, but if you insist, let's try this instead!....

We've spent in the region of £70m on property acquisition.

We've spent a few million on architects and planning costs.

The figures are based on a statement made by Spurs at the time of the August 2009 £15m share placement.

Last edited:

I thought it was perfectly clear already, but if you insist, let's try this instead!....

We've spent in the region of £70m on property acquisition.

We've spent a few million on architects and planning costs.

The figures are based on a statement made by Spurs at the time of the August 2009 £15m share placement.

1353403552214305810710-eb9ad-md.png

LOL at that article on Spookys blog site. The tide is turning on Enic.. feel it in my bones.

So who is this Lookma

Last edited:

the trust are a joke, they certainly don't speak for me

They don't claim to speak for you.

I wouldn't say that they're a joke. They just have very little influence - like any other fans of a football club that isn't owned by the supporters. Nevertheless, the Trust has its (limited) uses. The people involved are passionate Spurs fans, trying to do their best for the club that they love.

They don't claim to speak for you.

I wouldn't say that they're a joke. They just have very little influence - like any other fans of a football club that isn't owned by the supporters. Nevertheless, the Trust has its (limited) uses. The people involved are passionate Spurs fans, trying to do their best for the club that they love.

fair enough, what I should have said was, I disagree with them more than I agree with them, so when they "represent Spurs fans to the club and the media" they don't represent me

If there is a new design, I wonder if there will be a change to the way it is constructed.

tottenham-stadium-plans.jpg

Whilst it could be a bit risky it's the best way for it to be done IMHO.

Athletic Bilbao are doing the same thing.

During construction of the first part last year.

22ibep.jpg

What it looks like now

d5i2.jpg

=P~

I'm looking forward to that unfinished horseshoe were planning in year one. Will be a bit like Return of the Jedi.

Watch us smash Arsenal with 10000 rocking in our kop "no Arsene... this Death Star is fully operational"

I'm looking forward to that unfinished horseshoe were planning in year one. Will be a bit like Return of the Jedi.

Watch us smash Arsenal with 10000 rocking in our kop "no Arsene... this Death Star is fully operational"

I remember when arsenal redeveloped the library years ago and had the poster of fans behind one goal, swear they made as much noise as most of their fans so no real difference in sound.

Back