• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium - Licence To Stand

I'm not a regular visitor to this thread - fascinating. Apologies for my ignorance and if this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but are there any updates on likely/possible naming rights? I see the Lilywhite House, would be great to see as much traditional branding as possible, although I suppose at the end of the day a corporate name is inevitable these days.

I'm not a regular visitor to this thread - fascinating. Apologies for my ignorance and if this topic has been discussed ad nauseam, but are there any updates on likely/possible naming rights? I see the Lilywhite House, would be great to see as much traditional branding as possible, although I suppose at the end of the day a corporate name is inevitable these days.

p377 .... jts1882 post

The more informed commentary (as opposed to random speculation about particular chavy brands) has always been suggesting that we won't really start discussions in earnest until a year before the stadium opens (so August 2017).

The reason for this is that we'll get much bigger offers as the risk of the stadium not being completed (at all or on time) shrinks. Also the later it is, the less it will undermine our current sponsorship arrangements (with AIA etc.).

Seeing the big gap in the stands during tonight's match did make me think we might have missed a trick when we played Palace. I was thinking we should have had a massive sign with a bullseye on and words to the effect of: Jason Puncheon aim here, or target for Jason Puncheon.

That would be dangerous. If he aimed there it could go anywhere, even the goal.

Following the largest raker going in at the new stadium recently, here's a look at the level three supports!

CtBYfgkWYAArRi6.jpg

CtBYfkfWAAAilA6.jpg

CtBYfuMWIAEpapI.jpg

From the latest trust meeting with the club:

3. Northumberland Development Project
  • Update on build programme
As THST’s rep on the Stadium Construction Liaison Committee, MB asked whether the build was on schedule and what fans could expect to see this season. DL explained that work was now 7 days a week on the site and the build was more or less on schedule. DC told of plans for creating a walkway across the actual site in October to enable matchday access for fans.
Once again, the complexities of the project were stressed. Completion on time was also dependent on other factors such as the transport infrastructure and public realm provisions being in place for the anticipated opening in August 2018.
MB stressed that communication was key here. DC elaborated on the new part of the website dedicated to the build, complete with fully upgraded webcams.
  • Latest on stadium planning applications
There are a number of upcoming minor planning applications relating to the new stadium, but none are seen as obstacles to scheduled progress.
  • Latest on TFL/ LOROL’s plans for White Hart Lane station
Ensuring the new station at White Hart Lane was ready for the opening of the new stadium was essential. The plans were still that the work would be done during Tottenham’s season away, but there were concerns that this project, owned by TFL and LOROL, was considerably behind schedule.
It was understood that a planning decision would be made next month (October 2016).
The need for this to dovetail with the stadium is clearly apparent.
  • Latest on Haringey’s High Road West plans
Haringey Council’s HWR plans were also significantly behind schedule. It was now looking likely all work would happen after the new stadium opens. Masterplans had been issued, however, and both the High Road West and Northumberland Park projects were now at the public procurement stage. THFC meet monthly with Haringey to discuss progress, as the stadium is at the centre of these masterplans.
  • Funding
AB questioned how the project was tracking against budget. DL responded that Brexit hadn’t helped. Costs have risen as a result of the weakened pound, and the increased 7 day work schedule. But the financial model was in good shape. DL stressed they were pushing all possible resource to ensure they were ready to move out in the summer and that only 1 season away would be needed.
AB referred to a member question around the value of the NFL tie up. DL confirmed that the NFL provision had not added much cost and would provide ongoing rental revenue. The NFL has also contributed greatly in terms of knowledge and input into enhancements to the stadium design and build and was a very valuable partner in that respect.
  • Naming Rights
DL stated that this process was in the early stages and any reports otherwise in the media were factually incorrect. DL confirmed that THFC would consider any potential brand and the sector and any sponsor would need to be a good fit for Tottenham Hotspur.
  • Plans for final match at WHL
DC confirmed that plans were in hand and there would be a build up over a 3-4 month period to maximise the campaign. No celebrations would stretch an entire season. Ideas were being considered.
  • Removal of the NE corner of WHL
MC highlighted the issues caused by the removal of 4000 seats from the NE corner of the stadium. THST felt the decision to remove the corner should have been communicated earlier to fans. THFC remain of the opinion that this wasn’t possible owing to the complex nature of the construction issues and because they wanted to be totally sure it was absolutely necessary. THST stressed the need to keep fans informed and said it was always better to communicate possibilities than say nothing.

DC elaborated on the new part of the website dedicated to the build, complete with fully upgraded webcams.

Yeah right, an upgraded webcam from "not working" to "sometimes working but blurry and pointing in the wrong direction and broken again" is not something to be proud of. How hard can it be FFS, must be pennies to sort this out compared to everything else.

THST stressed the need to keep fans informed and said it was always better to communicate possibilities than say nothing.

Yeah right, because fans are so balanced. You can imagine Levy saying "we might need to do X Y or Z" and the fans going "We're all moving to X... the ground will be Y... and when Z happens we're all doooooomed"

The more informed commentary (as opposed to random speculation about particular chavy brands) has always been suggesting that we won't really start discussions in earnest until a year before the stadium opens (so August 2017).

The reason for this is that we'll get much bigger offers as the risk of the stadium not being completed (at all or on time) shrinks. Also the later it is, the less it will undermine our current sponsorship arrangements (with AIA etc.).

Thanks. Makes sense and is consistent with the notes from the trust meeting. I guess lots can happen between now and then that may affect the price, some potentially good (continued Champions League and other team success, big money for comparable sponsorships, economy, proper progress on the stadium build, N17 neighborhood development) and some potentially bad (bad results for the team, lower money for comparable sponsorships, economy, delayed progress on construction, ownership changes/uncertainty, N17 neighborhood deterioration).

Back