• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Tom Carroll

It's not often we let players contracts run down like this. Especially if they're young and valued.

Does anyone know if the club has an option to automatically extend?

Possibly not as we would have exercised it by now

He possibly doesn't want to extend unless he's assured of a role in the first-team. I don't blame him: he's clearly talented, and he's spent most of his time here bouncing around in the reserves, out on loan and on the fringes of the first-team a la Mason. He's now about the age that Mason was when he broke into the team last year: if a Mason-esque introduction into the team doesn't occur over the rest of December/January, then a parting of ways is probably best for all concerned.

It's a bit of both: when we enjoy turnovers of possession heading our way, he's good and helps us control the game. When we start losing control to opponents who want it more or are stronger mentally than our lads, then he becomes a liability, it seems, because he's not the solid player you'd like next to Dier in situations like that.

Please tell me you're joking? The guy was awful, killed our game and gave confidence to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Please please say you're having a laugh?

Are you just being a WUM to entertain yourself?

Please tell me you're joking? The guy was awful, killed our game and gave confidence to Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Please please say you're having a laugh?

Are you just being a WUM to entertain yourself?

The difference when he came off was apparent though

We didn't keep the ball and it was constantly being lost in midfield

Carroll isn't good enough for us but he keeps it moving

Was Onomah injured?! Otherwise, why didn't he start ahead of the tinkle poor Carroll?!

Because Carroll scored in the Monaco game, is generally thought to have controlled possession well there, has Premier League experience (at Swansea) and is 23, thus needing game time.

The difference when he came off was apparent though

We didn't keep the ball and it was constantly being lost in midfield

Carroll isn't good enough for us but he keeps it moving

I don't think it was, the difference was Saudi Sportswashing Machine was getting more and more confident as the game progressed as we were so poor, hence bringing on two strikers to get something. The damage was done by the time Carroll went off (which was WaY WAY too late) and the momentum had shifted. We kept losing the ball in the middle all game. I just don't get it, I don't get how anyone can watch that game and not see Carroll was way way out of his depth - particularly his strength, position and passing.

We play betnaleb or Alli in there we'd have won comfortably I reckon, we'll need know. But we created pretty much nothing all game, 2 lamela half chances and the goal in the first half, NOTHING in the second half. It was like last season all over. No one to connect to the front 4 at all and losing the midfield. Desperate for a midfielder in January. And a striker. And a centra half. Probably get no one...

I thought Carroll should know have gone off around 60 mins for bentelab. Seemed the logical sub to me.

Alli dropped into misfield and was poor IMO

@SpursStatMan
Tom Carroll vs. Saudi Sportswashing Machine:
27 passes completed
2 interceptions
0 tackles won
0 take-ons
0 attempts on goal

I like Carroll but thought he was poor today. My biggest complaint about him is that he's meant to be a great passer but he doesn't really ever seem to play key passes which try to open up the opposition. I haven't checked this against a map of his passes but he always seems to me to play the safe short pass which anyone can, and therefore I'm not sure what he's there for. Ryan Mason in contrast seems to play a lot more forward looking incisive passes

So because carroll wasn't brilliant he is gonna cop it as the fall guy for losing??? He wasn't great but we need to look at Alli, Eriksen, Dier and even kane as having really poor games.

I've said it before and I will say it again, Alli is not worth the hype and afternoons like these will be common whilst he learns. In fairness he worked hard of the ball and made good runs but his touch and passing really let him down

Back