• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The We8Campbell Memorial ITK Thread

My only worry is the quality of our transfer committee, when it consists of the likes of David Pleat, Ronnie Rosenthal and Tim Sherwood. I think I would much rather back the scouting knowledge and contacts of AVB and Freund, than dinosaurs from our own mediocre past.

How do you know these people are on the transfer committee?

Whoever is on it, I'd be surprised if AVB's input wasn't the most important voice.

Sherwood most likely has some input. Pleat is someone Levy goes to for advice. Rosenthal is an agent, but don't see his role being any more than occasionally involved.

Blimey....sounds like we might as well all pack it in guys...clearly the club is going down the bricker!

The idea that AVB didn't know the constraints that working at a club like Spurs would place on him...or that he just 'expected' Moutinho, Willian and a striker costing 'no more' than 10M is just stupid. Of course he knew. You don't build a training centre like ours, attempt to build a state of the art stadium AND improve the squad without having to be a bit clever in the deals you make, making sure they are the right ones to fit in with the model of the club.

Besides, during the summer he called Levy a person of 'great football understanding'. He knows exactly how Levy runs this club, and I'm sure Levy told him exactly how it would be done. We might still get Willian, we may still get Moutinho, but I can't for example see us paying 20M for Willian in January when in the summer he would have one year left on his contract and we could probably get him for nearer 10M. And nor would I particularly want us to.

I don't believe AVB has overachieved in the clubs eyes and now has them running scared about him leaving either, I think they fully expected a top 4 challenge which is exactly where we are as yet, we haven't achieved anything so far so all AVB has done is ride right along with expectations. I really do want him to stay though, and hope he doesn't go somewhere else, but I think he knows full well the constraints and wants to build something here, to prove how good a coach he is inspite of the conditions he has to work under.

I'm also not too fussed about us trying to get as much money for the stadium rights as possible, and I don't see how Saudi Sportswashing Machine's is supposedly more attractive to investors. A struggling club that could well be relegated and a 50k stadium vs a 60k stadium in what will be a regenerated part of London and competing at the top end of the most watched league in the world and with some of it's best players? We should be squeezing every fudging bit of juice we can out of any potential sponsorship deals because we have an attractive, unique proposition for an investor who will take it on.

So selling one player makes you a feeder club, well that makes every team in the whole of world football people's feeder clubs

Ignoring the fact of our "partnership agreement" giving them first dibs on our talent, and the rumour that a deal for Bale is already in place for the summer, you are spot on there.

Dunno what I was thinking of.

Ignoring the fact of our "partnership agreement" giving them first dibs on our talent, and the rumour that a deal for Bale is already in place for the summer, you are spot on there.

Does the partnership deal give them first dibs on our players?

Err.....maybe I shouldn't have given you the benefit of the doubt when replying to marky earlier!

What makes you think that our partnership agreement with Madrid has anything to do with selling them players? Why would a smart guy like Levy do such a thing?

What makes you think that Bale is already sold?

You know of the above as fact do you ???

What makes you think that Bale is already sold?

I know the question wasn't addressed to me and I have no ITK on Bale but for all the obvious reasons based around his career progression and personal ambition I cannot see Bale at Spurs next season, so if we're going to lose him I hope it's to Spain rather than within the PL.

The partnership with Real suggests to me that an informal agreement may already be in place, first refusal or similar.

So yes, it's all guesswork and supposition in my case.

Last edited:
I know the question wasn't addressed to me and I have no ITK on Bale but for all the obvious reasons based around his career progression and personal ambition I cannot see Bale at Spurs next season, so if we're going to lose him I hope it's to Spain rather than within the PL.

The partnership with Real suggests to me that an informal agreement may already be in place, first refusal or similar.

So yes, it's all guesswork and supposition in my case.

Oh, I certainly agree that there's a strong possibility that Bale will leave for Madrid in the summer. And of course it is preferable that he should go there instead of Manchester or merely across London.

But a deal already done? Without an auction? Doesn't sound very Levy to me.

All this Bale to Madrid talk, how exactly are Madrid going to pay for Bale apart from selling Ronaldo, they are brassick, look how long they fudged around over the Modric fee

They do not have the funds they used to have, also they are refurbing the Bernabau too at mega money cost

All this Bale to Madrid talk, how exactly are Madrid going to pay for Bale apart from selling Ronaldo, they are brassick, look how long they fudged around over the Modric fee

They do not have the funds they used to have, also they are refurbing the Bernabau too at mega money cost

They do have the funds but even if they're a little short they could easily sell a couple of good despensible players for a decent fee (Kaka, Callejon, Higuain to name a few).

Another thing on that 'the club is going to brick' ITK from the previous page, it suggests that there is a problem because of AVB's knowledge and contacts? That is somehow creates a fiasco? Is it seriously suggesting that we have gone for a manager such as AVB and not expected this knowledge? I think we would know full well what he brings, and that's probably one of the reasons we went for him. I highly doubt AVB has offered up some excellent young foreign prospect only for it to be turned down because David Pleat isn't aware of who he is.

They do have the funds but even if they're a little short they could easily sell a couple of good despensible players for a decent fee (Kaka, Callejon, Higuain to name a few).

I forgot Spain is rolling in the money at the moment, no more govt bail outs for Madrid if they need cash like they used to

Id take £30m + Higuain IF we had to sell him

Another thing on that 'the club is going to brick' ITK from the previous page, it suggests that there is a problem because of AVB's knowledge and contacts? That is somehow creates a fiasco? Is it seriously suggesting that we have gone for a manager such as AVB and not expected this knowledge? I think we would know full well what he brings, and that's probably one of the reasons we went for him. I highly doubt AVB has offered up some excellent young foreign prospect only for it to be turned down because David Pleat isn't aware of who he is.

It's like playing 'connect the dots' with more than 90% of the dots missing.

It's like playing 'connect the dots' with more than 90% of the dots missing.

It's funny, negative stories seem to come out about the club, either in press or ITK, when we are about to play a big team. It's as if they expect a loss, and then the narrative builds, and they have more chance of looking like they were bang on with their story.

But to look at the players fighting today, to look at the coaching staff immersed in that game, it doesn't suggest for one second that it's all going to brick behind the scenes.

It's funny, negative stories seem to come out about the club, either in press or ITK, when we are about to play a big team. It's as if they expect a loss, and then the narrative builds, and they have more chance of looking like they were bang on with their story.

But to look at the players fighting today, to look at the coaching staff immersed in that game, it doesn't suggest for one second that it's all going to brick behind the scenes.

This! Well said mate totally agree

Who: Kingfresh
When: 21st January
Where: FTL

KingFresh

Topic: Gomes
Posted: Today at 1:40pm Went to Brazil to try and get himself a good deal, The major issue being his wages.

Has come home empty handed, but now looks very close to joining a club in the UK. Deal is done in principle and has let most of his team mates at spurs know. Will be a huge lift off the wage bill.

Who: Kingfresh
When: 21st January
Where: FTL

KingFresh

Topic: Gomes
Posted: Today at 1:40pm Went to Brazil to try and get himself a good deal, The major issue being his wages.

Has come home empty handed, but now looks very close to joining a club in the UK. Deal is done in principle and has let most of his team mates at spurs know. Will be a huge lift off the wage bill.

interesting....Fulham?? Jol should know all about him and Fulham have been strongly linked to Stekelenberg recently so must be on the look out for a keeper

Back