• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

Gutter Boy has given his seal of disapproval so I'm all in. Seems like a sensible signing in a market with not too many star strikers within reach.
There's a lot of duds out there at the moment - David, Giminez, the Coventry guy. There's a real dearth of talent at CF. Isak and Osimhen are the only proper elite options out there. If we arent getting one of them, we need to go the Udogie/Vicario route (someone like Leonardo at Benfica)

There's a lot of duds out there at the moment - David, Giminez, the Coventry guy. There's a real dearth of talent at CF. Isak and Osimhen are the only proper elite options out there. If we arent getting one of them, we need to go the Udogie/Vicario route (someone like Leonardo at Benfica)
That part I agree with. But David for £20-30m makes sense to me. From what I know of him (which admittedly is very limited) it sounds like he'd suit Ange's style.

Gyokeres would be interesting. Toney would be the other I'd consider. Isak the dream. Other than there's not much.

If by 'the Coventry guy' you mean Gyokeres? then I think you are seriously underrating him. As well as having lots of talent he is also an absolute nuisance for the opposition defence, never gives them a moments piece.

He is probably not one for us now as he will likely be too expensive but I think we missed the boat on him that summer that he left Coventry when it was abundantly clear from his performances in the Championship that he was really rather good.

If by 'the Coventry guy' you mean Gyokeres? then I think you are seriously underrating him. As well as having lots of talent he is also an absolute nuisance for the opposition defence, never gives them a moments piece.

He is probably not one for us now as he will likely be too expensive but I think we missed the boat on him that summer that he left Coventry when it was abundantly clear from his performances in the Championship that he was really rather good.
Top player
Exactly what we need
But likely to be expensive as you say

Everyone always says that, the answer is better scouting. How do RB Leipzig seem to constantly sign top players - they got Openda and Sesko last summer for example. Portugese clubs seem to scout pretty well too.

Their whole club network seems to have great scouting, they consistently sign top young players year after year.

Agree. But it's easier if you have 4 clubs signing young players than 1. Also a good way to attract good young players. They know they'll get game time and have a path for progression.

Agree. But it's easier if you have 4 clubs signing young players than 1. Also a good way to attract good young players. They know they'll get game time and have a path for progression.
Yep
It’s their model of operating too
Everyone is sellable
And the clubs all feed RBL

Everyone always says that, the answer is better scouting. How do RB Leipzig seem to constantly sign top players - they got Openda and Sesko last summer for example. Portugese clubs seem to scout pretty well too.
It's not just the scouting it's the confidence in that scouting in the first place. Your scouts can identify players (ours have many over the years) you need the boldness to actually back your estimations and invest in those players early. Too often we have held back from that step, waiting rather for the player to confirm their quality by which point they've often become unobtainable.

Makes sense signing promising forwards. They are the hardest to sign and command a premium.

How much are skilful players born/signed and how much are they developed? The challenge with us is how you get players the right amount of competitive games to develop.

Back