• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The transfer thread

At least it wasn't Chelsea
I'm shocked that Cheatski keep getting linked to these big money signings. When will the magic money tree ever run out? We should be well ahead of them in the "can you financially afford this top talent" stakes.

PS. They were just talking about Kante on the Beeb, saying he plays as a 6 and an 8 and a 10 and is everywhere, and I guess that is a pretty good model for Ange's Spurs i.e. don't just get a DM who sits and defends, get 3 midfielders that have license and skill to do everything going forwards AND a strong expectation to get back and properly defend.

I'm shocked that Cheatski keep getting linked to these big money signings. When will the magic money tree ever run out? We should be well ahead of them in the "can you financially afford this top talent" stakes.

PS. They were just talking about Kante on the Beeb, saying he plays as a 6 and an 8 and a 10 and is everywhere, and I guess that is a pretty good model for Ange's Spurs i.e. don't just get a DM who sits and defends, get 3 midfielders that have license and skill to do everything going forwards AND a strong expectation to get back and properly defend.

Problem is the prem reacts rather than be proactive.

When clubs in the efl started selling assets to their owners they should have put rules in place. When the prem was formed they should have had a version of ffp. Banned multiclub ownership. If you own shares in another club you can't buy a prem club. If you have a country backing you you can't buy a club...

But the majority of club owners can only see their own self interest. It's only when things smack them in the face, that there is a bigger picture.

No point crying about it, it's within the rules. We could do it if we wanted to, but we don't for obvious reasons. Clubs that actually want to spend more than they should know the repercussions - either a small points deduction or ad hoc deals like this.....

Thing is it gets them out of trouble for this season. But exacerbates it for next. The increased amortisation will mean even more sales next year.

Thing is it gets them out of trouble for this season. But exacerbates it for next. The increased amortisation will mean even more sales next year.

There'll be a general amnesty for clubs to restructure due to the "confusion" with all the rule changes and current economic climate. Believing that there will be any meaningful penalties for the clubs that have blatantly flouted the "rules" is a classic case of hope over experience.

There'll be a general amnesty for clubs to restructure due to the "confusion" with all the rule changes and current economic climate. Believing that there will be any meaningful penalties for the clubs that have blatantly flouted the "rules" is a classic case of hope over experience.

There will only be an amesty if 2/3 of the clubs vote for it. Not going to happen. Arsenal, spurs, liverpool, brighton, brentford, palace, utd etc.. would never vote for it. The new rules will be on trial next season (with no punishments) with the old rules enforced (as will punishments).

They've already dished out punishments to forrest and everton. They can't undo them.

There will only be an amesty if 2/3 of the clubs vote for it. Not going to happen. Arsenal, spurs, liverpool, brighton, brentford, palace, utd etc.. would never vote for it. The new rules will be on trial next season (with no punishments) with the old rules enforced (as will punishments).

They've already dished out punishments to forrest and everton. They can't undo them.
Punishments they barely felt. Just a tiny slap on the wrist. The PL had a chance to do something significant but bottled it. Having seen the paltry punishments meted out we will now go into open season for financial cheating.

Back