• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Spanish Football Thread

Noticeably, 11 players on the bench and Andreas Christensen not in the squad. Still think he's a player we should be looking at getting this window.
 
Hahaha! Rodrygo has an open goal, and blasts it into to crossbar. Then Barca goes right up the other end and makes it 5-1!
People criticising our defensive line, should take a look at Real Madrid there! Absolute shambles! Zero defensive awareness! TAA will fit right in!
 
This is a fantastic game! Szeznzz;znznzzzhzhzhzhny sent off. If Madrid can get a few goals back, it's game on again!
 
Only the ones desperate for any and all cash.

So yes, all of them.

Was this the Spanish equivalent of the charity shield?
 
Its ridiculous how talented that Barca team are at such a young age. They have 2 17 year olds and 2 20-21 year olds who would walk into our team and be by far our best players.
 
Its ridiculous how talented that Barca team are at such a young age. They have 2 17 year olds and 2 20-21 year olds who would walk into our team and be by far our best players.
They also gave a debut to 16 year old Toni Fernandez the other day who is rated similarly highly. Mad.
 
Barcelona do not have the financial capacity to register forwards Dani Olmo and Pau Victor, La Liga has said.

The Catalans were granted temporary licenses by La Liga to register Olmo and Victor last summer.
But their registrations were then revoked in January by La Liga, who said Barcelona had failed to prove they were compliant with the league's financial rules by their deadline of 31 December.

Spain's sports council (CSD) gave Barcelona permission to temporarily reinstate Olmo and Victor following an appeal, with a definitive ruling on the pair's registrations expected by 7 April.

Barcelona - top of La Liga and in the Champions League quarter-finals - announced a deal on 3 January to sell VIP boxes at the club's Nou Camp stadium, which is being rebuilt, in order to raise 100m euros (£83m).

But La Liga says the deal was not recorded in the accounts submitted by Barcelona to the league last week for the 2024-25 season, and that the deal had been approved by a different, unnamed auditor.

"No amount from the [VIP box deal] is ultimately recorded in the profit and loss accounts, contrary to what had been certified by the club and the auditor at the time of said transaction," said La Liga in a statement.

La Liga said they were reporting the auditor to the Accounting and Auditing Institute.

"Barcelona did not have on December 31, 2024, or on January 3, 2025, nor has it had since that date, nor does it currently have, [the financial fair play capacity] for the registration of the players Dani Olmo and Pau Victor," La Liga said.

In response, Barcelona president Joan Laporta told reporters the league's letter was "an attempt to damage the club's image and go against FC Barcelona's interests".

He said the club's legal team would respond to the letter "as forcefully as necessary" and questioned the timing of it, with his side facing Atletico Madrid in the second leg of their Copa del Rey semi-final later on Wednesday (20:30 BST).

"Three months ago I said that Olmo and Pau Victor's registrations had been carried out correctly, following each and every one of the requirements demanded by the RFEF [Spanish Football Federation] and La Liga, and this is still the case."

Olmo, 26, joined Barcelona from RB Leipzig in a £52m deal last summer.
He has made 28 appearances this season, including 13 since the CSD's ruling.
Victor, 23, a product of Barcelona's academy, has played 22 times this season and five times since the ruling.
 
Back