• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The "shout into the void" thread

my wife grabs the first wine glass in the cupboard, no matter what type of wine we are drinking

I mean it, the first

I'm opening a red and she's grabbed a flute

nothing can be done, I just had to get it out there
My wife and I have lived together for more than 12 years and she still can't tell a Bordeaux glass from a Burgundy.

It can't be that hard, there's only 4 types of things on that shelf - a decanter, a pair of whisky tumblers, the Bordeaux glasses and the Burgundy ones.

roostertail glasses and flutes are stored with the plastic kid's cups.

Why'd they fail you? Forgot to check your mirrors? My wife flunked it because she didn't position herself properly, so I took it upon myself to educate her in Kama Sutra. She now got a license.

Got the written feedback this morning. Basically I was just going too fast into every single roundabout, and my positioning wasn't great either. So fair enough, no reason for me to complain really, but frustrating none the less. At least I know what I need to improve. :)

Got the written feedback this morning. Basically I was just going too fast into every single roundabout, and my positioning wasn't great either. So fair enough, no reason for me to complain really, but frustrating none the less. At least I know what I need to improve. :)
That's flimflam.

Did you crash the car? If the answer is no then you weren't going too fast.

Nothing will convince me that driving tests arent done on a quota.
My mates dad was an examiner back in the 80s and he hinted very strongly that was the case.

It's all in head anyway, my wife couldn't reverse around a corner to save her life. Passed her test and within a week it became second nature.
Tell yourself, I am going to pass this, if not this time then next. Take the pressure off.

That's flimflam.

Did you crash the car? If the answer is no then you weren't going too fast.

That was my immediate reaction too, I stopped just fine to respect the yield in every single one, and didn't cause any problems for any other drivers, but apparently it's against the law to drive too fast into a roundabout (something 99% of all drivers here tend to do anyway, of course). So that's that. The positioning I get though, I'm not great at that (positioning the car before going into the roundabout, that is), so fair enough. I need to learn how to snail into roundabouts, even though that just feels wrong to me, but OK, if that's the way to pass.

Nothing will convince me that driving tests arent done on a quota.
My mates dad was an examiner back in the 80s and he hinted very strongly that was the case.

It's all in head anyway, my wife couldn't reverse around a corner to save her life. Passed her test and within a week it became second nature.
Tell yourself, I am going to pass this, if not this time then next. Take the pressure off.

It's funny you say that. My driving teacher said there were six people before me that had had the test that day, and everyone had passed. Statistically, 3 out of 10 fails the test there, so I jokingly said to him "that's bad news for me", and we both sort of laughed. Two of the guys that were driving at the same time as me also flunked, hah, so maybe maybe. I don't really believe that though. We just drove right before rush hour started, so much more traffic than earlier in the day, I reckon that has something to do with it.

I was actually pretty confident while having the test! When I parked the car to get the verdict I was sure I had passed, so it was quite a bummer. But oh well, I just need to learn to go much slower, even though that disrupts the general flow of traffic (which is also something you're not supposed to do). But thanks for the encouraging words, hopefully I'll pass the next time around. Two bloody months from now. :p

Last edited:
That was my immediate reaction too, I stopped just fine to respect the yield in every single one, and didn't cause any problems for any other drivers, but apparently it's against the law to drive too fast into a roundabout (something 99% of all drivers here tend to do anyway, of course). So that's that. The positioning I get though, I'm not great at that (positioning the car before going into the roundabout, that is), so fair enough. I need to learn how to snail into roundabouts, even though that just feels wrong to me, but OK, if that's the way to pass.

It's funny you say that. My driving teacher said there were six people before me that had had the test that day, and everyone had passed. Statistically, 3 out of 10 fails the test there, so I jokingly said to him "that's bad news for me", and we both sort of laughed. Two of the guys that were driving at the same time as me also flunked, hah, so maybe maybe. I don't really believe that though. We just drove right before rush hour started, so much more traffic than earlier in the day, I reckon that has something to do with it.

I was actually pretty confident while having the test! When I parked the car to get the verdict I was sure I had passed, so it was quite a bummer. But oh well, I just need to learn to go much slower, even though that disrupts the general flow of traffic (which is also something you're not supposed to do). But thanks for the encouraging words, hopefully I'll pass the next time around. Two bloody months from now. :p

I got the easiest route back when I took my test, mostly outside the city with little traffic. My only mistake IIRC was being too cautious before making a 90 degree turn onto a road doing 80 and I got to do that twice. Not being very experienced then I had trouble judging speed and distance. You start second guessing everything when you have someone watching what you do. It wasn't until I had my license and could go solo I learned how to drive. Best advice I ever got was to assume all the other drivers were idiots and drive accordingly.

I actually failed my first test on being too cautious at a roundabout.
Could have swore I'd passed. Passed second time thought I'd failed.
I had excellent eyesight and back then they asked you to read a number plate from a car.
Examiner asked me to read plate from brown car. I read it out, no that's not right says he, which plate are you reading? I pointed, wrong car, the one I read is about 6 cars further back.
Ok get in the car he says As he scribbled something on the his clipboard.
I gets in the car and can't find the keys, panic!
Realised I'd left them in the car door, wound down the window and grabbed them before he saw. I was a total wreck by this time. How I passed I'll never know.

I did a weeks crash course and passed first time. I stalled at a roundabout and couldn't turn the back wipers on. I think i passed because I got on with the (bitchy) instructor her moaning about her sister and me laying it on thick about needing to pass to drive my wife home with the baby the next month.

When i was in LA i took my test to get the Cali licence, it was the easiest test i have ever taken. I was told to take the next four right turns and ended up in the test car park again. 10 minutes max, i had my window open when we started and he asked me why? i said its incase you ask me to do hand signals, he said why would i want you to do that?

We didn't even get out of the car park on the Florida one. It was so simple and I was so blase, I FAILED! Oh the shame.

I said to the bloke "what do we do now then?" He said 'give it ten minutes and you can take it again..' Which I did and passed.

I did take 7 attempts to pass the UK one mind

We didn't even get out of the car park on the Florida one. It was so simple and I was so blase, I FAILED! Oh the shame.

I said to the bloke "what do we do now then?" He said 'give it ten minutes and you can take it again..' Which I did and passed.

I did take 7 attempts to pass the UK one mind

7!! brick! Wasn't it extremely expensive? If I have to take mine seven times, I would've been able to buy a decent car for the money spent on the bloody test! Maybe it'd be worth it to buy plane tickets to Florida and back, take the test there. Would get a nice trip out of it as well (not now though, admittedly).

7!! brick! Wasn't it extremely expensive? If I have to take mine seven times, I would've been able to buy a decent car for the money spent on the bloody test! Maybe it'd be worth it to buy plane tickets to Florida and back, take the test there. Would get a nice trip out of it as well (not now though, admittedly).

Unfortunately you cant take a Florida test unless you are a Florida resident with a green card. I took my UK test thirty years ago, I cant remember how much it cost back then. Lessons used to swallow up a good chunk of wages though.

Last edited:
I passed the bloody test today, the guy who evaluated me was beyond nice and didn't fault me for a thing. It feels good to have that fudger out of the way. That real Madrid win yesterday tastes all the much better now! Didn't fully enjoy it yesterday because of the bloody test. Can't wait for those beers tomorrow evening. :D

I think we might already have a thread like this, but I couldn't find it, and I'm frustrated out of my skin, so thought I'd start a new one.

I fudging failed my driving test earlier today! fudge, brick, clam. I thought I had done allright, but apparently not. I should probably just practise more, but so fudging frustrating to go and wait and wait (I've waited since June), and then fudging flunk. And now I have to wait another fudging two months because of long waiting lists. fudge, cum, gooners.

Everyone and their departed cousin can fudging drive, and here I am at 33, and still can't drive by myself. It's fudging depressing. :p

I know how you felt - I didn't even bother with the written test here in Canada until I turned 24, because I had no need (or the cash, really) for a car. I got around fine using public transport - and I lived in Toronto, so *everything* happened within easy reach of a subway, a bus or a tram. But once I got around to doing the written test, I realized how convoluted the process was here in Canada (Ontario, anyway) - you have to pass two driving tests (G2 and 'full' G) and wait for about a year between each. It's supposed to give you time to improve your driving skills in between, but I never actually bothered with a car anyway, so the whole process felt nightmarish for me and I failed my first couple of tries at the G2 test. And I suddenly realized that everyone around me could drive to work and drive wherever they wanted, but I couldn't - and likely wouldn't be able to.

So I know how it feels - and I know how happy you must be to have finally got the fudger out of the way. :D Congratulations, mate.

I passed the bloody test today, the guy who evaluated me was beyond nice and didn't fault me for a thing. It feels good to have that fudger out of the way. That real Madrid win yesterday tastes all the much better now! Didn't fully enjoy it yesterday because of the bloody test. Can't wait for those beers tomorrow evening. :D

Well done mate.

Only buy a car if you can afford it though, things are a sure way of spending money.

I know how you felt - I didn't even bother with the written test here in Canada until I turned 24, because I had no need (or the cash, really) for a car. I got around fine using public transport - and I lived in Toronto, so *everything* happened within easy reach of a subway, a bus or a tram. But once I got around to doing the written test, I realized how convoluted the process was here in Canada (Ontario, anyway) - you have to pass two driving tests (G2 and 'full' G) and wait for about a year between each. It's supposed to give you time to improve your driving skills in between, but I never actually bothered with a car anyway, so the whole process felt nightmarish for me and I failed my first couple of tries at the G2 test. And I suddenly realized that everyone around me could drive to work and drive wherever they wanted, but I couldn't - and likely wouldn't be able to.

So I know how it feels - and I know how happy you must be to have finally got the fudger out of the way. :D Congratulations, mate.

Ah, yeah, that's been pretty much my situation as well. But two tests with a year in between? Damn, that sounds backwards. I've never really needed to drive living in various semi-large cities, and it's been extremely expensive as well. Only reason I got it now is because the missus and I became parents a couple of years back. Will need to be able to drive him around to football practise and what you have eventually. :) But thanks! Such a good feeling to have that lifted off the shoulders.

Well done mate.

Only buy a car if you can afford it though, things are a sure way of spending money.

Cheers, mate! We already have a car, a pretty old one (Subaru Forrester 2002 model), but it's still going strong, knock on wood. Supposedly a robust car you can have for a while. :)

Back