• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
So let me get this straight. Capello preffered Walker and so did hodgson but he is not the best English RB available? amazing! im so glad as fans know more than respected coaches. Walker has shown amazing ability, is still young and learning and whilst he has some faults, they are few and he will get past them. He reminds me of when Cole first came into the team, his defending was questioned all the time. And like Cole he will get past that, improve and show his talent.

With the Frame Richards has he should have concentrated on being a centre back, he preffered to play there in former years.

So let me get this straight. Capello preffered Walker and so did hodgson but he is not the best English RB available? amazing! im so glad as fans know more than respected coaches. Walker has shown amazing ability, is still young and learning and whilst he has some faults, they are few and he will get past them. He reminds me of when Cole first came into the team, his defending was questioned all the time. And like Cole he will get past that, improve and show his talent.

With the Frame Richards has he should have concentrated on being a centre back, he preffered to play there in former years.

Are you telling me you never disagree with the England manager's squad?

You wouldn't have put Carrick in there?

Coaches get things wrong too.

As for myself, i don't think he's quite the best English right back, but i expect him to get there in the next year or so.

He is so explosive though that it would be a shame to lose that aspect of his game that he offers from full-back. Obviously as a blue I think Richards should have been in the england squad, especially with Walker out (I think they are the best two, but the Richards v Walker is a debate for another time!). I think those saying Richards got replaced by Zabeleta are being harsh on Richards, he played all but 9 games and missed the majority of them due to injury.

Capello was consistently questioned by the media for leaving Richards out. He only brought him in to sit on the bench a couple of times when others were injured.

There are elements of racism and hooliganism in the "developed" footballing nations, but the fact is, if anyone had been wearing the racist clothes or holding the racist banners that were shown on Panorama last night in an English football game, the police would have used CCTV to identify and arrest the culprits immediately.

You can't even call it a vocal minority when you have huge banners being shown in the stadium and entire crowds making Nazi salutes and screaming sieg heil. When those Asian guys were getting the brick kicked out of them, did anyone step in? Nobody did anything about it.

In big cities in Eastern Europe like Warsaw or Moscow, I get the impression that racism, while still more prevalent than in the UK, isn't such a big problem. You have people like Emmanuel Olisadebe who is very popular in Poland. But when you go to these small coal mining Ukrainian towns...well let's just say that the people there don't interact with foreigners very often.

Just take a look at the attitude from one of our ex-players to see what I mean:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11675_2213776,00.html
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ant-warns-Pavlyuchenko-dangers-Tottenham.html

Nice!!

I think this Summer is gonna be carnage.... wouldn't surprise me if some games were abandoned 'cos of the racism from the crowd... Balotelli has already said he'll walk if he hears anything vaguely resembling racism... I reckon he'll be back home before half-time in Italy's first game then! He may be a mental retread who tried to decapitate Scott Parker, but the colour of his skin just doesn't come into it... he may be a viscous retarded prick who can't put his bib on, end of... but he certainly doesn't deserve to be racially abused during a football match... there's FAR worse to accuse him of!

Anyone watching the Holland v Slovakia game then?

yep.

the left back and cdm just head butted each other.

an early header off the post for slovakia.

bench is spurs/spurs targets: VDV, de Jong, etc.

I'm loving this orange support. Makes me feel at home.

Those complaining about this tournament behind held in Poland and Ukraine:

1. When should this policy change have happened in your opinion? It's not like this was ever taken into accounts for World Cups, Olympic games or European Championships "back in the day" as far as I know.

2. Are these sporting events not a decent way to bring attention to these atrocious things?

3. What countries would you actually accept hosting big sporting events then? Racism is only one of the problems here, I have a feeling that the list of countries that can afford these kinds of events and would qualify to host them would be relatively short.

4. No World Cup in Brazil in 2014 then either?

Back