• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official EURO 2012 thread

Who will win Euro 2012?

• Spain

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • Germany

Votes: 54 55.1%
  • Holland

Votes: 17 17.3%
  • France

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Italy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • England

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Croatia

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Poland

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ukraine

• Other

• Total voters
Roy's gambling waiting to make the third sub.
it's tricky for roy now, it would be nice to have another impact sub, but, a long game really takes its toll on gerr/park. And we're camping already. We may have to change one of them two.
Looks like a set play or pens only for us 2 win this

Funny thing is, at Spurs I'm always getting angry because he never passes into the space in front of a player on the run - always makes them check back.

Now he's in a brick, static team with no movement and needs to pass to feet, he keeps passing into space.

Hence all the flimflam 5 yard one - twos all the time.

Funny thing is, at Spurs I'm always getting angry because he never passes into the space in front of a player on the run - always makes them check back.

Now he's in a brick, static team with no movement and needs to pass to feet, he keeps passing into space.

Was just about to post that earlier!

Oxlade or Defoe for either Rooney or Young who have both been utterly useless.

both decent shouts, although oxlade shouldn't even be there. 4 games for arsenal and the mans in the squad. tinkle take.

Carrick would be an unbelievable upgrade on parker right now. Although thats a none issue.

id take penalties now, England are hanging on and cannot keep the ball.

Think some of you are being very very harsh on Parker. He is the ONLY player (let alone only midfielder) who is composed and playing simple pass and move passes. Everyone else is giving the ball away all the time. Parker has "misplaced" three passes all second half and to be honest I think the Twunt was completely the wrong about the Walcott pass. Playing the ball in front of him was exactly the correct pass and it WAS a good pass. You don't play to Walcott's feet, you do play in front of him. You play to his feet there and he gets closed down. You play in front of him, you're behind their defence.

Hart, Terry (comfortably our MOM), Lescott, Parker and Johnson have done well. Everyone else has been poor, with the exception of Young who has been absolutely fudging awful.

If it goes to pens, do you really want JD in there? Then again, not sure who I'd be confident with?? Rooney, Gerrard, Cole, erm... Young?

Think some of you are being very very harsh on Parker. He is the ONLY player (let alone only midfielder) who is composed and playing simple pass and move passes. Everyone else is giving the ball away all the time. Parker has "misplaced" three passes all second half and to be honest I think the Twunt was completely the wrong about the Walcott pass. Playing the ball in front of him was exactly the correct pass and it WAS a good pass. You don't play to Walcott's feet, you do play in front of him. You play to his feet there and he gets closed down. You play in front of him, you're behind their defence.

Hart, Terry (comfortably our MOM), Lescott, Parker and Johnson have done well. Everyone else has been poor, with the exception of Young who has been absolutely fudging awful.

agree with all that

and yes, that pass to Walcott from parker was spot on

If it goes to pens, do you really want JD in there? Then again, not sure who I'd be confident with?? Rooney, Gerrard, Cole, erm... Young?

No point putting Defoe on now IMO. We aren't getting the ball up there anyway. Oxlade on for Young is our last roll of the dice but with Gerrard's cramp and Parker looking knackered it's probably too big a risk.

Btw,what do you all think of Leon Osman?

Every time I see him,he looks like a quality player with great ball control and intelligence.Reminds me alot of Luka when he played LM,but just not that good.He certainly would ve done a much better job this tournament than Young has...

Back