• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2024/25 Premier League Thread

Gary Neville really lets his fandom and emotions take over when United lose big games particularly to Liverpool. Had a face on him like he just licked tinkle off a nettle today after the game.

Not criticising him, I love it. He is a proper Man U fan after all.

Well that undermines the whole exercise and makes it completely worthless.

Great news for Chelsea.
Not really. This was specific to Leicester being relegated. Poorly worded rules let them off the hook.

The PL’s rules are worded in such a way, that Leicester made a case that they should not be subject to them for the season in question (where PSR was breached). This is because Leicester changed its accounting date (to a new one permitted by the PL) that meant it was no longer a PL club at the time of assessment. It was a Championship club by that point.

The problem is that the EFL rules meant that Leicester could not be assessed by the EFL for breaching PSR during that season either.

They effectively became ungovernable for that season.

It's perfection, but does not relate to City or Chelsea.

I would love to say I'm surprised, but I'm not and I'm sure the optomist still think City and Chelsea will get their comeuppance but we live in a world where it take 7 years for an inquiry to tell us us something we all knew and Post Masters have their lives ruined by powerful institutions and nobody gets punished for crimes but the victims.

I would love to say I'm surprised, but I'm not and I'm sure the optomist still think City and Chelsea will get their comeuppance but we live in a world where it take 7 years for an inquiry to tell us us something we all knew and Post Masters have their lives ruined by powerful institutions and nobody gets punished for crimes but the victims.
Have never for a moment thought that anything much will come of the charges, other than a meaningless wrist slap. The whole game now is about maximising salaries for the players, and profits for owners and the PL. No way will anyone be allowed to begin to pull the house of cards down.

Back