• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The Official 2021/22 Premier League Thread

I thought it was a pen on Odegaard tbf, everything else I don't understand the hoohah - since when was a shirt pull in the box not a foul? they seem to be glossing over that...

then again, more I look at the Odegaard one, more it looks like he actually steps on Ederson's foot.

Watching Odorgaard fall, he clearly anticipates contact and tucks his feet together, with toes pointed down, as he launches himself up, arms spread wide, before falling forward. Who on earth legitimately falls like that when they're tripped? Most people would stick a leg out front to try to stay upright. Or extend an arm or two to break the fall. Not this Popgun Poseur. Fcukin' Thespian.

As for Xhithouse Xhaka, he kneed Silva as he was dribbling the ball past him, unbalancing him and the shirt tug was a sly attempt to finish the job. Good on the refs for not caving in to that entitled, whinging mob at the Emptycrate. We have to beat them later this month.

Watching Odorgaard fall, he clearly anticipates contact and tucks his feet together, with toes pointed down, as he launches himself up, arms spread wide, before falling forward. Who on earth legitimately falls like that when they're tripped? Most people would stick a leg out front to try to stay upright. Or extend an arm or two to break the fall. Not this Popgun Poseur. Fcukin' Thespian.

As for Xhithouse Xhaka, he kneed Silva as he was dribbling the ball past him, unbalancing him and the shirt tug was a sly attempt to finish the job. Good on the refs for not caving in to that entitled, whinging mob at the Emptycrate. We have to beat them later this month.

Agreed, thought the MOTD coverage and punditry on the "incidents" was quite good and no nonsense really, basically said the ref and VAR did a good job.

BBC reporting Lukaku has been dropped, seems quite extreme to me and hopefully a sign the wheels are coming off.

love that Rodri went and celebrated right in front of the arse fans

It's tradition.

1_GettyImages-525756298.jpg

Yeah, Ian Wright was saying that he could understand the Odegaard one not being overturned but also the Silva incident being deemed a pen.

Compare that with the frothing BT Sport punditry...
I really like Ian Wright! He's arsenal through and through, but is still capable of analysing without bias. Can't think of any other pundit who's capable of the same.

Yeah, Ian Wright was saying that he could understand the Odegaard one not being overturned but also the Silva incident being deemed a pen.

Compare that with the frothing BT Sport punditry...
I think it’s quite an important point actually. During the game BT were all over how Arsenal had been hard done by and if you read the comments on here during the game 90% seemed to agree with them. It’s very obvious how a commentary team influences people’s opinion and the after game narrative. We had it the other week against Liverpool.

Back