• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Even if Bayern win the only thing we're guarenteed is a play off. Without being in the assured of the 6 group stage matches worth ?ú25 - 30m, Levy won't be spending big in the summer. Previously when we finished 4th he mentioned he wouldnt gamble on the future of the club for that reason.

In terms of strengthening the squad our position is not much different from last season. The challenge once again is to hold onto our best players.

I agree. We will be in the same position as 2 years ago. If players were are after will only come for CL football, then we are still in a place where we cant guarantee it.
Plus, the way things are shaping up, it looks like if we do end up in the comp after tonight, our likley opponents look like being a lot stronger than Young Boys too

Will we ever be in the CL final - in our lifetimes?

I am so fudgein jealous of Chelscum. I want them to lose but how amazing must it be for those ****s.

I am so fudgein jealous of Chelscum. I want them to lose but how amazing must it be for those ****s.

Unlikely I guess, but we're as close as we've been in my lifetime. You never know, CL this year a few good signings, keep our stars.... Chelsea got there this year playing as bad as ever, they've had what, 1 good performance against Napoli at home and 2 backs to the wall defensive performances against Barca where to be honest the score could have been in double figures on other days.

Chelsea have had a decade of a corrupt oligarch writing off their vast wage bill and transfer fees. The only surprise is that they haven't been here more often. Chelsea fans expected to win it before now.

Last edited:
Unlikely I guess, but we're as close as we've been in my lifetime. You never know, CL this year a few good signings, keep our stars.... Chelsea got there this year playing as bad as ever, they've had what, 1 good performance against Napoli at home and 2 backs to the wall defensive performances against Barca where to be honest the score could have been in double figures on other days.

I have been hearing that ever since they got there but you know what? They are there and we are stuck at home hoping they lose to even get in it. i get your point but its not how you really get there its getting there.

Naughton im not even talking about winning it im just saying I want to be in the final. I want to be the talk of the world etc. You know.

arrrggghhhhhhh

I was more indicating how the best teams don't always get to the final, so it's possible for us to get there.

Ahh I see. I get ya - sorry.

The thing is if there is one thing you can respect the chelscum team for is that they kinda stick together and battle it out. I could never see us ever producing a defensive performance like the one they had against Barca (and yes we know chelscum rode their luck a bit but they battled it out). We would need one or two performances like that - I couldnt see us doing that.

Unfortunately we need a strong "take no brick from anyone" type spine throughout the team.

Ahh I see. I get ya - sorry.

The thing is if there is one thing you can respect the chelscum team for is that they kinda stick together and battle it out. I could never see us ever producing a defensive performance like the one they had against Barca (and yes we know chelscum rode their luck a bit but they battled it out). We would need one or two performances like that - I couldnt see us doing that.

Unfortunately we need a strong "take no brick from anyone" type spine throughout the team.

Like against AC Milan? no?

Like against AC Milan? no?

I dont think AC was back to the walls stuff. We actually had a very good first half and in the second half they didnt create much. Thats actually testament to us - so I get your point.

I guess against Barca - Chelscum were camped in their 18 yrd box more than in their own half.

It is annoying to note the success of our entire season relies on someone else' final. If only we had beaten Villa, we won't need to beg others ! Atleast, we should have bid 200m for Gomez,Robben, Ribery and Schweinsteiger just to give them extra motivation to beat Chelsea !

Be interesting to see RDM's line up today

546486_10150898707914914_108803784913_9585109_926905280_n.jpg

Where you all watching the game today? do you think there'll be much atmosphere in Tottenham pubs, near the Lane? or a German pub? or should I stay home with a takeaway?

Forget about CL, will we ever win the league title in our lifetime ? I think until we are ready to win the league title, we won't be ready to win the CL. I think without the boost of a mega rich businessman willing to spend crazy money for players, just can't see us win both.

Feeling nervous already. Not being in CL next season will be bad for us. But even worse will be seeing another English club winning the CL.

Forget about CL, will we ever win the league title in our lifetime ? I think until we are ready to win the league title, we won't be ready to win the CL. I think without the boost of a mega rich businessman willing to spend crazy money for players, just can't see us win both.

Liverscum won the CL - actually they were in two CL finals.

I get your point though but I think there is more chance of winning the CL than the title. Less games, you can get lucky at times and moments of genius could be the difference rather than the marathon that is the League.

Back