• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The midweek/weekend games thread

whos fatter?

• grant holt

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • mark viduka

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
Is it true, that Saudi Sportswashing Machine have never won the final away game of the season in the Premier League?

2010/11 drew 2-2 at Chelsea
2008/09 lost 0-1 at Aston Villa
2007/08 lost 1-3 at Everton
2006/07 drew 1-1 at Watford
2005/06 drew 0-0 at Birmingham
2004/05 lost 0-2 at Everton
2003/04 drew 1-1 at Liverpool
2002/03 drew 2-2 at West Bromwich Albion
2001/02 lost 1-3 at Southampton
2000/01 lost 0-3 at Liverpool
1999/00 drew 0-0 at Derby
1998/99 lost 0-2 at Leicester
1997/98 lost 0-1 at Blackburn
1996/97 drew 0-0 at Manchester United
1995/96 drew 1-1 at Forest
1994/95 lost 0-1 at Blackburn
1993/94 lost 0-2 at Sheffield United

Thats quite impressive :lol:

i23nn6.jpg

http://www.statto.com/football/teams/Saudi Sportswashing Machine-united/2005-2006/results

Think you are just showing the last HOWAY game of the season ;)

See Di Matteo saying they have had to play every 3 days for the past 8 weeks and ???

Its called what happens when you get to 2 finals, its not like they have a paper thin squad either, pathetic moaner

No it seems you're the one talking gonad*s tbh mate (that or you haven't seen much of Kuyt).

Are you confusing movement with work rate? Isn't it all a bit subjective anyway?

Personally I think Lennon and Modric offer very good movement, both constantly make themselves available to receive the ball and both also tend to make the right decision of whether to push on past the defence to get the ball to run onto or to pull back and receive the ball to feet.

I wouldn't mind having Kuyt at Spurs as he could offer cover up front as well as wide right - but this would also present us with something of a problem as he isn't an out and out forward who can play up top on his own (so cannot be a like for like replacement for Adeybayor) and isn't a pacy wide player (so cannot be a like for like replacement for Lennon and/or Bale). I think it was these two things that we lacked this season as whenever one of these players was out our gameplan didn't work and we weren't able to change it effectively.

The whole set up in this country in my opinion is poor and needs to be sorted.

You have under 10 or under 11 teams playing 11-a-side pitches. My opinion is that they shouldn't be. They should be playing small pitches, they should be playing on pitches which wont even allow them the long ball option, the only option is pass. In training, have an over head height rule, if you kick it over head height, you get a booking or a free kick to the other team etc.

The Danish FA changed youth football completely around about 5-6 years ago on the order of manager Morten Olsen. The talent pool, even for such a small nation, was rapidly declining.

Now they start playing 5 a side from u8-9 or something like that and only get onto full 11 man pitches when most of them are mid-teens.

I remember why I stopped playing amateur youth football for a while when I was 13-14, IIRC. I was quite simply such a tiny kid, having to deal with other youngsters twice my size on 11 man pitches. I stopped to play Tennis and later Volleyball. When I started playing again for fun in College/Uni, I was 182 cm's.

I was no talent. Worse thing was, that 2 of our best players were my size. They stopped too. Incidently the best of them, after establishing himself as a chef and caterer started playing again a few years ago. He's much better now as a grown up even that those early blooming, hoof-and-hoping "brutes", who kept on playing all those years. Even at 32 he's one of the best non-football league players at all in the region, despite not having played for 14-15 years.

This is a story, whic I assume at lot of you can recognise in some ways. Imagine, if we don't lose talents like him, just because under 12-16 coaches don't want to lose games and thus select 11 early developing Steffen Freunds each and every game.

Watching my son's team play (and train) I have a different opinion. 8v8 games are good but unless coaching takes in all facets of the game you end up watching a 2v2 game with 6 players running around screaming for the ball without seeing it. There's too many coaches (perhaps just around here) that try to turn players into Ronaldo/Messi without having any Ledley Kings in the team.

If it hadn't been for me taking my son to one side for goalkeeping training his side would've not had a keeper who knew how to use his hands properly, where the centre of the goal was and how to cut the angle down. Most games the defence was like the Red Sea and the opposing team's strikers were Moses and usually play broke down when the defence decided to do a Ronaldo 10 yards from their goal and losing the ball..

The Danish FA changed youth football completely around about 5-6 years ago on the order of manager Morten Olsen. The talent pool, even for such a small nation, was rapidly declining.

Now they start playing 5 a side from u8-9 or something like that and only get onto full 11 man pitches when most of them are mid-teens.

I remember why I stopped playing amateur youth football for a while when I was 13-14, IIRC. I was quite simply such a tiny kid, having to deal with other youngsters twice my size on 11 man pitches. I stopped to play Tennis and later Volleyball. When I started playing again for fun in College/Uni, I was 182 cm's.

I was no talent. Worse thing was, that 2 of our best players were my size. They stopped too. Incidently the best of them, after establishing himself as a chef and caterer started playing again a few years ago. He's much better now as a grown up even that those early blooming, hoof-and-hoping "brutes", who kept on playing all those years. Even at 32 he's one of the best non-football league players at all in the region, despite not having played for 14-15 years.

This is a story, whic I assume at lot of you can recognise in some ways. Imagine, if we don't lose talents like him, just because under 12-16 coaches don't want to lose games and thus select 11 early developing Steffen Freunds each and every game.

Totally. I remember playing against guys literally twice my size as a 12-13 year old, on what seemed an enormous pitch for a tiny kid like me. Hoofing was the norm back then in Norway as well, and the big guys thrived, despite some of them lacking the most basic technical skills - doubt any of them ever made it as adults.

Today it's totally different here as well. Five-a-side pitches as frequent all over the country, and smooth, artificial grass makes it easier to play the ball on the ground and practice technique all year round. The new generation of Norwegian footballers are far more technical than than any other generation before them, and more used to a passing game. Most still have a long, long way to go to reach international standards, but this is clearly the only way to go if you want to improve as a footballing nation.

Same goes for England, I suspect. Something needs to be done to catch up with the likes of Spain and Germany.

Back