• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The General Transfer Rumours and Speculation Thread

This player has an incredible amount of talent. I posted a good while ago about him and how he has that natural balance and control that all top players have. Despite the obvious talen, I am still not completely sure about him however, he seems to be one of those players that can be great when you give him the ball, but he isn't too interested in putting in the hard work off of the ball. I think Pochettino values the latter even highly than the former so he would probably be a no-go for us. Of course it is possible that Boufal could up his intensity and develop that part of his game (just as Mahrez did at Leicester last season) but he would be something of a gamble. That being said, with Bentaleb on his way out of the club for what should be a decent fee I think we are in a position where can take a gamble on a talented playmaker type. Pretty much swapping Bentaleb for Boufal in terms of transfer fee/wages may well have turned out a smart move (although perhaps Çalhanoğlu fits the profile of that wild-card type player?)

I have to admit, now we have cover/competition for Kane and another defensive minded midfielder to rotate with either Dier or Dembele, all these (often random) transfer rumour mongering is quite exciting!
From Spanish press linking us to every Barca youngster to try and get other Spanish clubs to pay at or near the desired price to German clubs being said to be 'interested' in one of our players to Napoli being said to have made a bid for Harry Kane (lol).

Are you not entertained? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED??
Popcorn ready for the next week, starting today with who is in our CL group! LOVE IT!

This player has an incredible amount of talent. I posted a good while ago about him and how he has that natural balance and control that all top players have. Despite the obvious talen, I am still not completely sure about him however, he seems to be one of those players that can be great when you give him the ball, but he isn't too interested in putting in the hard work off of the ball. I think Pochettino values the latter even highly than the former so he would probably be a no-go for us. Of course it is possible that Boufal could up his intensity and develop that part of his game (just as Mahrez did at Leicester last season) but he would be something of a gamble. That being said, with Bentaleb on his way out of the club for what should be a decent fee I think we are in a position where can take a gamble on a talented playmaker type. Pretty much swapping Bentaleb for Boufal in terms of transfer fee/wages may well have turned out a smart move (although perhaps Çalhanoğlu fits the profile of that wild-card type player?)

i like the look of Ghezzel at Lyon, available for around 10 mill as he has 1 year left on his contract. Plays like Mahrez, wants to join a club playing in Europe

i like the look of Ghezzel at Lyon, available for around 10 mill as he has 1 year left on his contract. Plays like Mahrez, wants to join a club playing in Europe

The last point you make is interesting because we haven't really yet used the CL qualification to its full advantage in terms of attracting players. Wanyama was coming anyway because of the Poch link and it doesnt seem that there were too many other clubs after Janssen (plus it was a big step up for him anyway). Hopefully we can use the cash which is now rolling in from Bentaleb, Pritchard, Masno, Yedlin etc and add 1 or 2 more reinforcements. We really need depth this year

The last point you make is interesting because we haven't really yet used the CL qualification to its full advantage in terms of attracting players. Wanyama was coming anyway because of the Poch link and it doesnt seem that there were too many other clubs after Janssen (plus it was a big step up for him anyway). Hopefully we can use the cash which is now rolling in from Bentaleb, Pritchard, Masno, Yedlin etc and add 1 or 2 more reinforcements. We really need depth this year

We are still in the red on transfers. About £2-3m at the moment if we include the Townsend money

2e4g479.gif

Arsenal seem to be hijacking Everton's bid to buy Lucas Perez of Deportivo La Coruna for £17m

Any good? Or usual cheap option from Wonga?

Arsenal seem to be hijacking Everton's bid to buy Lucas Perez of Deportivo La Coruna for £17m

Any good? Or usual cheap option from Wonga?
He is pretty good.... Not in the A list of centre forwards however. He would be decent signing for a club at Everton's level but seems a bit of a strange signing for Arsenal IMO.

Back