• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* The 'Buying a Tablet or Netbook' Thread *

I use Open Office as an alternative to MS Office.

I've heard about this but i have a lot of Excel and word programs already saved and i don't think i can open it using MS can i?

Anyway can someone please please give me a working Microsoft Office 2007 torrent link? i'll forever be grateful.

I've heard about this but i have a lot of Excel and word programs already saved and i don't think i can open it using MS can i?

Anyway can someone please please give me a working Microsoft Office 2007 torrent link? i'll forever be grateful.

Not a torrent, but you have a PM

Good luck putting it on a cheap netbook, i bought one just to put itunes on. Even the internet was so slow, i backed up my iphone and never used it again.

I actually have a spare license key for MS Office 2010 as I bought 3 licenses and only ever used 2.

If you want a free version for a month then just download the trial which lasts for 30 days or get the office 2013 consumer preview which was released yesterday.

Off topic but I just went on a presentation skills training course last week and we all had to do a presentation on the first day and everyone turned up with their powerpoint slides and then on the 2nd day we had to do the same presentation without using powerpoint and just had a flip chart, was amazing how much easier it was and also how much better they were. So if possible rather than having death by powerpoint do it without, can always hand out more detailed information afterwards.

Got 2 yesterday! It is fudging awesome \o/

Great for watching HD films and that quad core is a fudging BEAST for games. It's also perfect for surfing tinterweb in bed or on the bog.

Have been waiting a long time to get a tablet (I really don't like the 10 inch form factor for personal use. I'll get a larger Windows 8 device with keyboard for work)

For £160 it is an amazing piece of kit

When I got my Kindle it was my favourite gadget of all time

The Nexus 7 takes it to a new level

2?! Yeah I was hoping the Quad Core would perform well. I used to have an iPad 1 which seemed alright but I HATE Apple's restrictions on things. Currently have a Samsung GS2 and loving Android so thinking I should just get the Nexus. Did you go for the 8GB version then? How much free space do you actually get after the OS and other bits?

2?! Yeah I was hoping the Quad Core would perform well. I used to have an iPad 1 which seemed alright but I HATE Apple's restrictions on things. Currently have a Samsung GS2 and loving Android so thinking I should just get the Nexus. Did you go for the 8GB version then? How much free space do you actually get after the OS and other bits?

I got an 8GB one for Mrs southstand and the 16GB for me

There are lots of preloaded apps so you're not left with a huge amount of storage

However, you can just plug it directly into your laptop and swap files with a micro USB cable (included as you use it for charging)

To put it into perspective, I have 12.71GB of storage available, with the following installed:

- Standard Android apps (Calc, Calendar, Email, Messenger, Movies, Books, Talk)
- Google Earth
- Google Maps
- Navigation
- Chrome (this is beautiful on the tablet!)
- Dead Trigger (FPS game)
- OnLive (internet games)
- Dropbox
- Facebook
- Twitter
- Tube Map
- Skifta (DLN streaming)
- TED
- VLC video player
- YouTube

It also has Transformers Dark of the Moon preloaded which is probably eating a GB or more

Id love an ipad 3 but cant afford £650 at the moment, would defo be interested in one of the above for £160, I take it you can hook it upto wifi ??

Id love an ipad 3 but cant afford £650 at the moment, would defo be interested in one of the above for £160, I take it you can hook it upto wifi ??

and is it drag n drop to get media files onto the device ??

and is it drag n drop to get media files onto the device ??

Yes. It's WiFi only.

And it comes with a USB cable (same one as the kindle) for dragging and dropping

I've ordered the 16Gb version on the 2nd July having gotten sold on it here of all places. Google Play reckon it'll be on its way tomorrow.

I've been content to use my phone for browsing but this just looks really handy.

I have the Nexus S. Was a great phone when I bought it, and although it has the latest Android firmware, it feels a little outdated now (I bought it a year ago on a 12 month contract)

I'd get the SGS3

I have the Nexus S. Was a great phone when I bought it, and although it has the latest Android firmware, it feels a little outdated now (I bought it a year ago on a 12 month contract)

I'd get the SGS3

I think you're in the wrong thread mate

The Nexus 7 is a quad-core tablet running Jelly Bean

Nexus7-533x333.jpg

Back