• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

The 2016 Summer Olympics

Awful crash in the women's road race. Hope the lass is okay, was nasty and she looked out cold.

Used to have a lot of time for 'the games', but not any more. Since the corporates took over and the money and drugs entered, it has lost it's allure. All a bit of an over-blown bore feast these days.

Hard to put a number on it, but I'm very cynical when it comes to what percantage of athletes are clean, my instinct would say very little. Obviously there are some who are morally against doping and those who just don't want to risk their bodies and their lives to make a better living and possibly win a medal. But I find it hard to believe that "clean athletes" are somehow able to beat dirty athletes, it doesn't add up to me.

Then there's the hypocrisy over our athletes who are supposedly clean. Take Lizzie Armistead for example, to miss 1 drugs test is stupid and irresponsible, but I supposed people do forget things, even important life altering things. But to miss THREE drugs tests? It stinks to me. But there's been barely any outrage over it. I take the point that it's nowhere near the level of the Russia doping scandal, but if you read between the lines, it doesn't look good for Armistead. Not to mention the fact that we have dominated cycling for the last few years, a sport that has been rife with doping for as far as I can remember.

She actually only missed one test which is why she was cleared by CAS and has been tested a great number of times this year anyway that any systematic doping is unlikely. One was the drug testers not finding her even though she was in the hotel she said and the other wasn't ever a test just a 'fail' for false info on location over a 24 hour period from what the CAS findings state. Not sure there is anything between the lines to look for. Not even conference div 2 south level in relation to the Premier League Russian STATE sponsored set up.

Congrats to Peaty, absolutely smashed his own world record and only 21 as well. Silver for Carlin as well, as good as could be done with Ledecky (who must be ridiculous as is world champion at 200, 400, 800 and 1500).

I personally quite enjoy the Olympics, get to watch lots of sports I wouldn't usually see and provides the opportunity for some of the lesser nations in those sports to get onto the world stage. I don't tend to watch football but beach volleyball, swimming, weightlifting etc have been good so far.

Need to sort the rowing out though, massive cross winds and on the 1st day water had run out by 11am and it was 30 degrees.

Classic case of making a big deal out of nothing. They had them in London as well and accidents can happen even to the best swimmers in the world.

Classic case of making a big deal out of nothing. They had them in London as well and accidents can happen even to the best swimmers in the world.
If it does, let's hope there's a competent swimmer in the area to help.....

not to mention all the administrative and technical personnel also pool side

Looks like we're set to smash the cycling again, probably my fav thing to watch at the moment.

Back