• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Summer transfer thread, AvB window wrap up pg 1527

Which player would you like to see take over from Luka Modric?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should just all post up blurry photos ourselves just to see which of us looks most like a potential Spurs signing..

When the ITKs pick up on them you could even be semi-famous for the day... well... in the transfer rumour world!

image.jpg

I did say it was blurred :)

Thats not Marvin Martin. It looks like Ribery:ross:

So we're all gonna ignore the fact that this dude in the pic has a noticable receding hairline and martin doesn't?

The guy who took this pick disregarded Martin as soon as he had time to google him.. he just doesn't know who it was.

We have but I question how many others we've missed out on & the difference those potential signings could have made. We'll never know for sure but perhaps, if we had signed good players in January, that would have helped us to third, not fourth this season and if so, those signings would have ultimately paid for themselves.

but who's really available in January, at prices we can afford?

there are so many variables in a transfer (player, player's agent, player's wife, player's club, our ability to pay fee and salary, other clubs' interest to fend off etc etc) it's a wonder that the non-sugar daddy clubs ever get to sign anyone decent.

Thats not Marvin Martin. It looks like Ribery:ross:

:-" hmmmm... ITK? Actually, think about this, we could start a rumour and just get all of glory glory behind it all of us start up twitter accounts, some claiming to be friends with ribery/seedorf/llorrente/whoever or insiders, agents, relatives or whatever upon which some punters may put a couple of quid on one of them joining us and the odds would be slashed at which point the stories would go into more mainstream news upon which time Harry would probably have something to say about it and this would give the rumour 'legitimacy'.

Upon which the agent would definitely say something with the player probably saying something also and hey presto the rumour enters the football world and the agent would most likely contact levy and then if everything goes well with the agent, you'd talk to the club and the player and sort something out if all parties are interested :mrgreen:

:-" hmmmm... ITK? Actually, think about this, we could start a rumour and just get all of glory glory behind it all of us start up twitter accounts, some claiming to be friends with ribery/seedorf/llorrente/whoever or insiders, agents, relatives or whatever upon which some punters may put a couple of quid on one of them joining us and the odds would be slashed at which point the stories would go into more mainstream news upon which time Harry would probably have something to say about it and this would give the rumour 'legitimacy'.

Upon which the agent would definitely say something with the player probably saying something also and hey presto the rumour enters the football world and the agent would most likely contact levy and then if everything goes well with the agent, you'd talk to the club and the player and sort something out if all parties are interested :mrgreen:

I like the idea, except...

You're forgetting the bit where the story goes public, other clubs will get wind of the players availability, player realises Spurs don't pay crazy wages and we lose out again lol!!!!

Some self proclaimed ITK on twitter says Hoilett will cost Borussia M ?ú800K. Just in case someone wants to moan about it. ;)

I like the idea, except...

You're forgetting the bit where the story goes public, other clubs will get wind of the players availability, player realises Spurs don't pay crazy wages and we lose out again lol!!!!

Aha... that's where it gets interesting! If we were of the cloak and dagger sort, we could spread another rumour about either our competitors not liking the player due to whatever reason i.e rumours of his promiscuity (which is if i'm not mistaken was a technique that Emirates Marketing Project used to snatch silva from the hands or real madrid) or spread a rumour about the player.

However, that would probably be unethical ;)

So what we could do is spread a rumour that the club wants to get even bigger players and that the other players are interested in the same way as the first techinque and perhaps the player would be so impressed by the ambition that all of our star players sign new contracts and the prospective players actually become interested :mrgreen:

Aha... that's where it gets interesting! If we were of the cloak and dagger sort, we could spread another rumour about either our competitors not liking the player due to whatever reason i.e rumours of his promiscuity (which is if i'm not mistaken was a technique that Emirates Marketing Project used to snatch silva from the hands or real madrid) or spread a rumour about the player.

However, that would probably be unethical ;)

So what we could do is spread a rumour that the club wants to get even bigger players and that the other players are interested in the same way as the first techinque and perhaps the player would be so impressed by the ambition that all of our star players sign new contracts and the prospective players actually become interested :mrgreen:

Like Blackburn with Ronaldinho and Raul? :-"

Runar on COYS about Sigurdsson:

Just heard from a great source that Gylfi might be coming to us.

I normally wouldn't post this if I didn't think this wasn't true but this is a great source. He wanted to go to Swansea because of Brendan Rodgers and now that he's gone to Liverpool he has no interest in going there. He's said in some interview that he's a Man Utd supporter and that he'd never play for Liverpool.

Back