• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Stadium Thread

WHY????

This religion nonsense is given far too much credence.

What about a room for superstition rituals? Maybe a pyramid to fill up on energy? Far relevant IMO.

I do my prayers at half time at WHL, we do not have a room and there are a few of us, we just find a quiet corner out of the way and pray. A room is nice though and I assume it comes down to keeping paying customers happy. If there is a request from many fans then it is just smart business.

Also some fans praying at a Liverpool game and at a West Ham game were given alot of abuse so privacy may be due to safety from bigots also.

I would prefer if it were called a contemplation room though, so it isn't limited to faith and open to all.

I tend to do my praying with 5 mins to go when we are leading

Edit: now that I think about it I do it when we are drawing or loosing too!!

absolutely, although, I must ask, can't you just pray later when its more convenient for you?

If you choose to you can. I pray all my 5 prayers on time and tend to plan my day so I won't need to during footy but December games are tough as sunset prayer comes in and goes during the game. Other than that I never have a need to at footy. As I said that's my choice to adhere so strictly but naturally there is no compulsion for anyone else to adhere so strictly.

Football Stadiums must but some of the most pious places left in the UK. They don't need a separate pray room, join the tens of thousands praying for miracles weekly!

MmIcZjA.jpg

What a monstrouserty. Looks like a giant air filter.

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but if religion is such a big deal shouldn't it be a toss up between going to the football or staying home to pray?

And I honestly mean that with total respect, just that I kinda find it hard to see how people want it both days?

My mum goes to church on Sunday morning, rain sleet and snow, if she doesn't for holiday purpose or anything else she wouldn't seek national rail or BA to introduce a Sunday sermon?

I don't mean to sound disrespectful but if religion is such a big deal shouldn't it be a toss up between going to the football or staying home to pray?

And I honestly mean that with total respect, just that I kinda find it hard to see how people want it both days?

My mum goes to church on Sunday morning, rain sleet and snow, if she doesn't for holiday purpose or anything else she wouldn't seek national rail or BA to introduce a Sunday sermon?

If they want it both ways and as they are paying customers the clubs feel they want to do it for them why does it bother you?

And for the point on holidays, every airport around has a faith room because paying customers like to go and pray.

I think the fact this bothers people is very interesting. It really shouldn't but there seems to be lack of tolerance for people of faith whereas many people seem to link intolerance to people of faith.

This is the Richard Dawkins disease. New Atheism has become a cult of angry people.

I'm not angry mate what so ever.

I just think its a straight toss up between faith or football.

There isn't a prayer room now and it doesn't stop you going to football, so its a non argument really

I'm not angry mate what so ever.

I just think its a straight toss up between faith or football.

There isn't a prayer room now and it doesn't stop you going to football, so its a non argument really

sorry i didn't mean to say you were angry, apologies.

There is a multi faith prayer room according to the article.

If they want it both ways and as they are paying customers the clubs feel they want to do it for them why does it bother you?

And for the point on holidays, every airport around has a faith room because paying customers like to go and pray.

I think the fact this bothers people is very interesting. It really shouldn't but there seems to be lack of tolerance for people of faith whereas many people seem to link intolerance to people of faith.

This is the Richard Dawkins disease. New Atheism has become a cult of angry people.

I was with you until you had a pop at the sainted Dawkins

Back