• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Monaco OMT

Lifeless performance so far. Winks our best man. Wanyama done a few good things. Lloris been great. Kane giving us a more movement up front than Janssen. Alli has been terrible, hasn't completed a single pass, it seems. Son with some poor decisions. Defense looked shellshock at the start, but grew into it a bit. No one in our midfield offering anything going forward. Playing it backwards, slow in transitions. Painful to watch.

Agree, they gonna score sooner or later, Pochettino needs to wake em up in half time and make some changes.

He's being pragmatic, he knows we are under cooked and is looking to the premier league.
Recurring problem when you don't have mega bucks to invest.

Wow. What the f was that. Shockingly bad.

I'd say only Kane, Hugo, Rose, Winks and Alli can come away with any credit.

Rest were dreadful. Son and Dembele had an absolute stinker. Bernardo Silva destroyed us.

I actually feel pi$$ed off after that.

We can win this tonight. Steal a 1-0 if we wake up and start to play some s actual football. Looking leggy, tired and, at times, amateur.

Wow. What the f was that. Shockingly bad.

I'd say only Kane, Hugo, Rose, Winks and Alli can come away with any credit.

Rest were dreadful. Son and Dembele had an absolute stinker. Bernardo Silva destroyed us.

I actually feel pi$$ed off after that.

Alli?!! Worst I've ever seen him in a Spurs jersey, I think. Lost count of how many times he lost the ball or jogged back.

Right, haul Dembele off - he's too close to a second yellow, and this goddamn ref is too busy metaphorically snogging Bernardo Silva to notice how awfully easily he's giving them free-kicks. Bring on Eriksen. No need for a formational change quite yet, it's a like-for-like given that Dembele's apparently playing in three behind Kane.

Let's get some goddamn ENERGY, lads. Wake up, get focused. :mad:

Good start, then they took over. Luckily they're not THAT good, thanks to that and the Hugo save we're still in it.

I have a good feeling about this one, actually. With a proper kick up the arse from Poch at half time, and a bit of luck, we can nick it IMO. But we need to tighten up at the back and take more control of the midfield. Kane has been very unsupported.

Exciting and open game though.

Compared to the previous CL campaign this one feels like it could be over without ever really getting started

We can win this tonight. Steal a 1-0 if we wake up and start to play some s actual football. Looking leggy, tired and, at times, amateur.

And the bizarre thing is, if we did, we would probably be the only team in history to pick 7pts away from home without conceding a goal..and not qualify.

Now that would be Spvrsy

I feel like I'm one of those old codgers shouting about 44 fudging 2, but what was wrong with the 4231 we played for 2 seasons?

This 433 is a mess. There is no support for the front 3 who are playing miles apart.
Dembele nor Winks have no interention of running through the middle offering Kane Support.
Whenever he gets the ball there is Alli miles to his right and Son stuck out the left with 2 Monaco players inbetween.

How did Poch go from playing two number 10s and 1 central midfielder in a 4141 earlier in the season to now playing 3 central midfielders and no one behind Kane.
Winks and Dembele are not in the game properly because they are not really in the centre of the pitch taking responibily.
Each one is to the side waiting for the other to do their thing.

It goes without saying that Dier and Wimmer are a mess together.
Wanyama isn't offering much defensive support really neither.

A draw isn't enough. We need to win this.

What a fudging mess.

how did that happen, we were awesome last season and we've added good players?

maybe GB was bang on and it was all Mason after all
I'll tell you what I think. Too much rotation. I don't think we have played the same team all season, let alone 2 games in a row.

Back