• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs v Hearts Friendly Weds 17 July at 7PM

I also think there's a special player to develop out of Bergvall...Moore is going to be something else...Lankshear has all the tools to develop into a top level striker...sadly I think Scarlett's frustrations are clear and he needs a different environment. So many positives in terms of intent...but Gray...wow...yes!!!! And here's hoping Spence reclaims his career with us. I think Gray could easily be a 6 for us BTW...

They aren't great. 3rd behind Celtic and rangers, but it's a big drop off those 2.

But the youngsters didn't look out of place, or worse than the first team.

Gray, Devine, Bergvall, Moore and Hall all look comfortable on the ball.

I'll echo people's sentiment on Spence. I've been saying he's perfect as an inverted fullback in Ange's system, if only he can get one more chance. We shall see. Hopefully his performance today is a step towards the right direction.

A good start from the youngsters lets hope they keep it up. Early days but we seem to have a few young kids who are a bit special. Keep it up lads.

Agreed on Gray and Spence. Both were really good. Looking forward to seeing more of Gray, interesting to see if Spence still has a chance under Ange.

Thought Hall did really well too. Moore a bit in and out of the game, but some lovely moments including the goal. All of the younger players did at least reasonably well I thought. Bergvall looked perhaps a bit too eager to impress particularly early on, but some very good moments from him as well. Maddison and Bissouma looking more like their old selves is a good sign.

Good start to the preseason. Who needs signings?
Watching Gray today I’d like to see him in the 6 for rest of pre season. Looks very comfortable with the ball.

Think we need a striker. Possibly a CB. If Spence stance changes we will have Porro cover.

Watching Gray today I’d like to see him in the 6 for rest of pre season. Looks very comfortable with the ball.

Think we need a striker. Possibly a CB. If Spence stance changes we will have Porro cover.
You know how Southgate took zero fit left backs to the Euros and England looked awful... I'm concerned.
Udogie and Davies are nowhere to be seen.
VdV can fill in for a bit.
But it would be great to buy a left sided Archie Gray i.e. can play left back or other positions.
Obviously Donley and Robson are not the answer at left back... they were both so far forwards they just played as midfielders mostly...

You know how Southgate took zero fit left backs to the Euros and England looked awful... I'm concerned.
But it would be great to buy a left sided Archie Gray i.e. can play left back or other positions.
Obviously Donley and Robson are not the answer at left back... they were both so far forwards they just played as midfielders mostly...

Udogie is training, but still recovering from the injury last season. Was mentioned a few days ago he wouldn't travel. Needs to get fit for the tour though.

No idea about Davies.
Donely did well back there, but I don't think he will stay in that position.

England looked awful going forward on the left, we don't have that problem, I think Donley and Robson were playing to instruction, I've seen Robson play a more defensive role many times. There aren't many good LB/LWB about and the chances of signing one as cover are slim.

England looked awful going forward on the left, we don't have that problem, I think Donley and Robson were playing to instruction, I've seen Robson play a more defensive role many times. There aren't many good LB/LWB about and the chances of signing one as cover are slim.
Thanks.
There must be loads of LB around, 2 per team, every Prem and Champ team, every Top5 League team, every African and South American and Japanese etc etc etc team.... there must be ONE player that we can buy!

Thanks.
There must be loads of LB around, 2 per team, every Prem and Champ team, every Top5 League team, every African and South American and Japanese etc etc etc team.... there must be ONE player that we can buy!
There was a story recently about a young French one called Bradley Locko

Thanks.

Sure but I thought you might like a good one, if not then might as well give a youngster a chance. Be a lot better to sign someone who's not good enough for the first team so our "fans" can say he's rubbish.

Sure but I thought you might like a good one, if not then might as well give a youngster a chance. Be a lot better to sign someone who's not good enough for the first team so our "fans" can say he's rubbish.
OK I Googled it, this site says the Huddersfield guy is the best LB in the Champo.
It's very easy this DoF stuff isn't it?

Very true we are short there. Still like to see a striker come in.

Back