• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

Tbh it only takes one game where a player has a bad day and he is labelled a "waste of space" such is the fickle nature of many fans. Poch chose to block any summer move and kept him over Nacer Chadli so he clearly rates him.

He is not prolific but his contributions this season have been decisive especially in Kane's absence and I don't even think we have seen the best from him yet. He is one of our players that can be a match winner.

Tbh it only takes one game where a player has a bad day and he is labelled a "waste of space" such is the fickle nature of many fans. Poch chose to block any summer move and kept him over Nacer Chadli so he clearly rates him.

He is not prolific but his contributions this season have been decisive especially in Kane's absence and I don't even think we have seen the best from him yet. He is one of our players that can be a match winner.
This season he has been prolific in the league at least. 6 goals in 969 minutes according to whoscored.com playing most of his games as a wide attacking midfielder. Those would be good goals per minute numbers for a pure striker.

Had a good game yesterday overall I thought. I always feel like there is something missing from his game intelligence wise that won't necessarily get any better but he carries such threat for us, especially when he comes off the bench with 30 mins or so to go. Very pleased we didn't sell him in the summer.

Note both his goals came from him playing on the left of the box, a little pass and he's in, then scores. OK, neither was on target, but that is where he caused panic and goals, inside-wide-left.

Note both his goals came from him playing on the left of the box, a little pass and he's in, then scores. OK, neither was on target, but that is where he caused panic and goals, inside-wide-left.

Definitely his best position for me, not on his own up front. from memory, got a brace at Boro with Janssen up top. 2 at Stoke with Kane up top, and that pair yesterday once Janssen came on.
I would say anytime Kane is unavailable, It has to be Janssen in Kane's place but with Son on the left

Definitely his best position for me, not on his own up front. from memory, got a brace at Boro with Janssen up top. 2 at Stoke with Kane up top, and that pair yesterday once Janssen came on.
I would say anytime Kane is unavailable, It has to be Janssen in Kane's place but with Son on the left
Amen brother. Instead of that we got Son up top with Sissoko behind... just think about... the most intelligent position on the pitch where you need vision, neat little through-balls, trickery and skill to buy a yard and get a shot off, cunning... and we played the Battering Ram there?!

This. Nothing like a jinking run into the box, at pace, to cause panic and open up a defence. It's something we've been missing for a couple of seasons. It's one thing to do it with cute short passes, but Son provides a useful Plan B for unlocking a packed defence.

Can improve but he's involved in something, positive and makes an impact. Makes poor decisions but not many times where I can't say he's not made a positive contribution. A great asset, and pleased we stuck with him because after his injury last season and the subsequent performances, admit I wouldn't have minded if we'd of cashed in. Glad he's here.

I really like him and find him infuriating in equal measure. He could be so good, I mean he is good already, but he could be a really big player for us if he can find consistency and a bit more composure. Having a good season, hope he keeps it up!

He's just that little bit shy of being a really good player. Hopefully he will get better and better, I just want to see his decision making pick up.

And he's only 24. So much time ahead of him to continue to learn and build on his skills.
I have to stop and remind myself from time to time just how young our team is.

Back