• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Son Heung-Min

He was only "happy" for Son to start at CF because one striker was injured and the other not fit enough to start.

And from what I saw there was a lot of rotation.
There was obviously reasons, but he was still happy to play Son there, and he was still more productive than the previous game at LW.

There was obviously reasons, but he was still happy to play Son there, and he was still more productive than the previous game at LW.
In the same vein Ange is "happy" to play Son on the left flank when either of his centre forwards are fit to start. Specifically, after we signed Solanke, he said Son would not be playing through the middle, it was just a case of needs must.

In the same vein Ange is "happy" to play Son on the left flank when either of his centre forwards are fit to start. Specifically, after we signed Solanke, he said Son would not be playing through the middle, it was just a case of needs must.
If you're going to jump in, at least know what the discussion is about.

Indeed, and is one of the reasons that stats [ a lot of them anyway] should not really be taken as gospel and really meaning that much.
Each stat has to be looked at within the context that it's brought up. So maybe after half a season, if Son still has a goal-per-game, that would mean something. But yeah right now, it's pretty meaningless, especially considering the two teams we've played.

Impressive numbers. And in great company with one of the best forwards in world football.

But I’m not sure what the message here is. Is it that this shows he’s not streaky? Or even though he’s streaky, it doesn’t matter because he delivers great numbers
Yep, it's good for Salah that he's in the same company alright.

Sonny is streaky. But he's consistently streaky so over the period of a season, he will deliver a certain (and impressive) amount. It's why you don't drop him because, at some point, he will turn it around and deliver.

Yep, it's good for Salah that he's in the same company alright.

Sonny is streaky. But he's consistently streaky so over the period of a season, he will deliver a certain (and impressive) amount. It's why you don't drop him because, at some point, he will turn it around and deliver.

I think he will need rotating though due to his age. When we go from a 41 games season to hopefully a 60 game season, you can see that Sonny will need protecting. I reckon in some games we should let the younger guys take the sting out of the opposition and introduce him to do the business from the bench. In others, I also think withdrawing him early will help him stay fresher in other games.

Perhaps the next phase for Ange and Spurs will figuring out this rotation thing. lol - "dropping" is such a harsh word when you can play 16 players nowadays.

Agreed. One of the key reasons we have slumps in games is when too many players get exhausted and eventually we make subs.
We should be more proactive; only start players that are fit, and sub them right before they are exhausted (as much as possible, sadly we cannot make ten subs yet)

I think he will need rotating though due to his age. When we go from a 41 games season to hopefully a 60 game season, you can see that Sonny will need protecting. I reckon in some games we should let the younger guys take the sting out of the opposition and introduce him to do the business from the bench. In others, I also think withdrawing him early will help him stay fresher in other games.

Perhaps the next phase for Ange and Spurs will figuring out this rotation thing. lol - "dropping" is such a harsh word when you can play 16 players nowadays.

I think Ange already subs more than previous managers

- 2 games in, Spence, Gray, Bergvall, Richi have all seen significant minutes
- Son and Maddison get subbed (something a lot of previous managers at Spurs probably wouldn't do)

The question is the cup games, and to me that will be super interesting specific to Son
- I'd expect Dragusin, Spence, Gray, Bergvall, Wilson, Werner, Richi to get a lot of minutes in those
- But .. would we see a starting lineup minus Son? and will that be the norm outside of PL games?

Ange is wrong in not allowing Son to take our free kicks.
Also stubborn not to rotate kick takers.
I would love to know how our deadball takers are chosen. Not since Bale has it made any sense.
If I was levy I would have been sacking managers that allowed Harry to take free kicks.

Back