• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

So, your final thoughts 2011-2012 season?

Should have signed him 5 years ago. We clearly needed a left-winger, here was one that was cheap, available, wanted to come and was the best mate of our star player. I think Jol wanted him but Comolli didn't. If we'd got him then Berbatov and Jol may both have stayed at Tottenham.

Actually we made a bid for him but he chose Emirates Marketing Project because they offered more money

Actually we made a bid for him but he chose Emirates Marketing Project because they offered more money

Regardless, it would have been a figure that we'd have been able to compete with at the time as they weren't playing the game on cheat mode yet. It came down to who wanted him more and we chose not to go for him. At the time there was the doubts about his fitness IIRC.

There have been some stunning result between the top five sides this year:

Man Utd 1 Emirates Marketing Project 6
Man Utd 8 Arsenal 2
Chelsea 3 Arsenal 5
Tottenham 5 Saudi Sportswashing Machine 0
Saudi Sportswashing Machine 3 Man Utd 0

as well as other fabulous games and scorelines, 4-4, 3-3.

In a lot of ways, we may well look back on this as being a wretched season for THFC. But we've had a share of grat moments.... Maybe not a fair share, but we have had our moments.

Not forgetting the 5-2 against the Arse of course.

Southstand, don't bother, look at the threads on this board, you could come up with a ton of classic quotes, two from this thread alone

"minimum expectation for the season was to qualify for the CL" or "it's just during the Sugar era we were terrible"?

Really, minimum was CL? I also didn't know Sugar owned Spurs for decades on end, 6 trips to Europe in 7 years, a Cup, 5th x3, 4th x2 in same period is actually a very succesful period for this club in fudging general.

Mods, can we just create two threads on the main page and merge all of these into either of two threads titled

- Season is done, great job
- Season is done, fudged up

Probably make everyone's life better.

Big deal - would rather have finished 7th twice and won something.

We are the 11th richest club in the world - our ticket prices are probably in the the five most expensive, finishing in the top 6 means we finished above clubs with smaller incomes. Villa, Wigan, West Brom and others.

It is really not such a great achievement, it's just that during the sugar era we were terrible.

you dont seem to be catching things in the right light

yes we are the whatever richest club out there, but we are a WELL RUN PLC. we are a business..not someone's toy. sorry but we really need to get on board with this otherwise until we get sold it wont be easy for some of us to cope with the idea that we wont spend outside of our means often
and where we finish doesnt just mean we finished above smaller clubs now does it? chelsea, liverpool?..there is always someone with a decent size income you'll finish above when you come in the top 5.
and these teams with smaller or bigger incomes dont spend well and are quite careless with money too i might add. yet we compete on a good business model.
How long was sugar in charge? cause the OP said 47 years? surely its more than the sugar era that we haven't been this consistently high in the pecking order

But in years to come both those teams will be able to look back on cup wins.

Neither cup brings CL qualification with it therefore, for the top clubs, are as much a distraction than a trophy. IF they really meant siomething Mam Utd or Emirates Marketing Project would go 100% to win them as well as the EPL.

It's a completely different game now to when we had the glory days of F.A. Cup wins to cheer about.

But in years to come both those teams will be able to look back on cup wins.

Yeah i see your point. i think also my problem is that i already get defensive on people's point of view without trying to appreciate them

i see what you mean in that you rather have accomplishment before anything else. in which case you would rather have the FA cup say than getting into the CL

i see what you mean , but in all honesty i was more concerned with finishing 4th if i'm honest. so i guess we wanted different things

So agree with MK and Danish's measurements (I do something similar)

p.s. for those who don't know (and no offense MK), in the board before the board, MK was consistantly the most negative poster on the forum. The fact that he is trying to make this board see half full instead of half empty ... I'm at a loss for words, you truely are a sorry lot of unhappy basterds ...

COYFS !!

Bah !

Everyone knows, that I am the now the most negative poster around here :D

Lap it up, haters !

Neither cup brings CL qualification with it therefore, for the top clubs, are as much a distraction than a trophy. IF they really meant siomething Man Utd or Emirates Marketing Project would go 100% to win them as well as the EPL.

It's a completely different game now to when we had the glory days of F.A. Cup wins to cheer about.

They actually did. And they will go 100% in the FA Cup next season again.

There's this restaurant.

Some people go in and eat once a week, and on the customer feedback forms the comments are generally,

"the food in here is excellent, I look forward to coming again," "every now and again the food can dip in form, but pretty much all the meals on the menu are good," "Great value, exciting menu, the occasional goof, but good prices," "I know there are better restaurants, but you have to book a year in advance and the prices are out of my range,"

and
"the food in here is brick, the foods overpriced, I come here 3 times a week and I never get a good table and the service is slow and the waiters are rude,"

moral of this story..........

some people are never satisfied and on the whole they should save their money and go and eat somewhere else, rather than continually punish themselves and tinkle all the other diners off.

There's this restaurant.

Some people go in and eat once a week, and on the customer feedback forms the comments are generally,

"the food in here is excellent, I look forward to coming again," "every now and again the food can dip in form, but pretty much all the meals on the menu are good," "Great value, exciting menu, the occasional goof, but good prices," "I know there are better restaurants, but you have to book a year in advance and the prices are out of my range,"

and
"the food in here is brick, the foods overpriced, I come here 3 times a week and I never get a good table and the service is slow and the waiters are rude,"

moral of this story..........

some people are never satisfied and on the whole they should save their money and go and eat somewhere else, rather than continually punish themselves and tinkle all the other diners off.

Here's a very similar story:

A guy goes to a restaurant and starts eating food he's not very keen on. Meanwhile, another diner is standing over his table leaning over the guy's plate telling him every few seconds exactly how he should be eating that food and everything that's required of people in order to be in that restaurant. He then goes on to tell everyone that he's by far the best at eating in that restaurant, and if only everyone could be like him they would all enjoy the sub-par food they've been served.

As you can imagine, everyone gets a little fed up of hearing all this and somewhat irritated.

Here's a very similar story:

A guy goes to a restaurant and starts eating food he's not very keen on. Meanwhile, another diner is standing over his table leaning over the guy's plate telling him every few seconds exactly how he should be eating that food and everything that's required of people in order to be in that restaurant. He then goes on to tell everyone that he's by far the best at eating in that restaurant, and if only everyone could be like him they would all enjoy the sub-par food they've been served.

As you can imagine, everyone gets a little fed up of hearing all this and somewhat irritated.

I thought it would touch a few nerves.

If you see what I and a few other people have been saying in that light, then I guess that the only other analogy that I can think of, is that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

We all want whats best, but if you cant accept that the resources don't exist, currently, to buy them - then I'm sure that my experience will be a lot less likely to bring on ulcers through continued bilious attacks of indignation and outrage.

I thought it would touch a few nerves.

If you see what I and a few other people have been saying in that light, then I guess that the only other analogy that I can think of, is that you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.

We all want whats best, but if you cant accept that the resources don't exist, currently, to buy them - then I'm sure that my experience will be a lot less likely to bring on ulcers through continued bilious attacks of indignation and outrage.

I think this is the main sticking point. It's been done to death, but I believe that we already had the resources to finish above the worst Arsenal team I've seen in years, a self-destructing Chelsea and a Liverpool team that seems to have their transfer policy stuck in 1985.

Had you asked me at the start of last summer I'd have taken 5th, but considering how badly everyone else has done I can't help but be disappointed with our own failure to capitalise on it. Barring some transfer miracles this summer, I don't think we'll get another chance to finish 3rd before the new stadium's paid for.

I think this is the main sticking point. It's been done to death, but I believe that we already had the resources to finish above the worst Arsenal team I've seen in years, a self-destructing Chelsea and a Liverpool team that seems to have their transfer policy stuck in 1985.

Had you asked me at the start of last summer I'd have taken 5th, but considering how badly everyone else has done I can't help but be disappointed with our own failure to capitalise on it. Barring some transfer miracles this summer, I don't think we'll get another chance to finish 3rd before the new stadium's paid for.

and to refute your analogy on my behalf

thats exactly how I feel, I'm just not prepared to lash out and condemn everyone and everything for my disappointment. I am prepared to enjoy what the season has bought - some fabulous football and a team that can compete across the board, barring those teams with the resources that the Mancs have. Losing out to the goons took a performance of disgusting standards, that seriously bear an enquiry of some sort.

Premier League Combined Goals & Assists Table 2011-12 MD 38

Here are the 60 players who have a combined total of 10 or more goals and assists during the 2011-12 Premier League season...

336.png

...altogether, 338 different players scored or were credited with an assist (or both) during the season.

Full details available here...

Premier League 2011-12 Goals & Assists Table

Back