• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Serious relegation fears

I know I am a supporter, and funnily for some of you to hear, an optimist (!!!) but I genuinely cannot shake the feeling that we are going to do this at the last moment...it feels like we will get within 2 points of them very soon, and then it will come down to the last couple of matches...I have always felt it will come down to the final day, and I have always felt goal difference will be the kingmaker.

Post by post you are making me more optimistic each time.

My worst Easter has to be a few seasons back. Drove up to Sunderland on the Friday night, we were the early ko and I was the in seat right next to the Sunderland fans, so didnt really enjoy that to start with.
We drew 0-0 in one of the worst games I have watched for ages. Straight after the match drove down the M1 to Enfield and stayed over for Easter Monday match v Norwich which we lost 2-1 before driving back to Warrington right after that match.
All in all, a cr@p weekend which for me cost us a CL spot that season.

I missed the Sunderland game but that Norwich game made me relize that King was finished. He got the run around from Holt who beat him every time. :(. The week after that Chelski beat us 5-1 in the semi.

The game that cost us the CL was when " rent a quote" made the wrong sub against Villa who were hanging on and he bought on a M/F player instead of Defoe.( imo)

I missed the Sunderland game but that Norwich game made me relize that King was finished. He got the run around from Holt who beat him every time. :(. The week after that Chelski beat us 5-1 in the semi.

The game that cost us the CL was when " rent a quote" made the wrong sub against Villa who were hanging on and he bought on a M/F player instead of Defoe.( imo)

Parker

I am quite optimistic that come the Stoke game we could end up on top. I think Leicester will end up drawing their next three fixtures against Palace, Southampton and Sunderland while I think we will have gained 5 points from our 3 games in that period leaving us 3 points adrift. West Ham are well capable of beating Leicester and could need the points to keep in the race for 4th/5th. Beating Stoke could send us top on GD at just the right time before Leicester navigate their way through those very tricky last 3 games.

Still very much all to play for, beat Bournemouth and avoid defeat against Liverpool and Man Utd and the other results will take care of themselves.

I know I am a supporter, and funnily for some of you to hear, an optimist (!!!) but I genuinely cannot shake the feeling that we are going to do this at the last moment...it feels like we will get within 2 points of them very soon, and then it will come down to the last couple of matches...I have always felt it will come down to the final day, and I have always felt goal difference will be the kingmaker.

Steff,i think that your optimism button gets the better of you and that you are totally wrong (i think we've blownit); but I hope you are totally right!!!

I commented the other on our games being moved to a Saturday.... Chelsea's game vs pool has been reshuffled for the midweek before they play Leicester now ... How can they not fit that in earlier

I'm so excited by this end to the season. Whatever happens we can look at our young team and be rightfully proud of what they have achieved. If Leicester win, it will be because they were the best team and I will be one of the first to congratulate them.

For all those people saying that this will be our only chance for a while, I beg to differ. I've been hearing the past 4 seasons how that season is THE chance for us to break into the top 4. The point is that I think we are seeing the first shift in the new football dynamic in this country and that is simply money alone is not enough. Actually having a hard working team more than makes up for the skill gap that a big money club will have. More so, having the right manager and set up behind is the all important factor. Money can buy you the best players, but does that buy you the player that you thought you were getting, or is it simply an invitation for a player to say that they have made it and don't need to work hard. The fact that the rest of the league gets in a substantial amount of money anyway is proving to be a bit of an equaliser as well.

We are no longer a soft touch. We are a team with identity, with belief with an inner steel. Sure there are parts that we could improve, but the leap from last year is there for all to see. Why can't we expect further improvement from this very bunch of players.

Whatever happens this season, by simply being involved will ensure that we keep our best players. They will have learned a lot this season but more importantly they will believe that we are really only a small step away. Best defence in the league and best goals for. What a season. What a team. What a manager. What a club!!! COYS!!!!!

I don't think that it does. We are just seeing a 1 in a 1000 occurrence. It is just a freak season and I would expect normal service to be resumed next year.

So would I. However, it doesn't mean that Leicester won't have won the league (If they do) with no big names or spending heavily.

So would I. However, it doesn't mean that Leicester won't have won the league (If they do) with no big names or spending heavily.

Them winning the league will be fully deserved and a good thing if indeed they do it. I don't subscribe to the theory that it is a fluke as they have unearthed 3 very good players in Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater. They have a manager who has made them incredibly difficult to break down and they have maintained form and won ugly where needed. It's hard not to like what they have done. If they keep this bunch of players together, they could have a good season again. But, lose any of them or have any of those players feeling complacent then they won't.

We've done all of that but had the added Europa competition that has impacted our league form. But if you want to be a big club, that's what you have to deal with. Every season is tough, but the EPL is a different beast to every other league byvirtue of how competitive and relentless it is. No winter break, no help with fixture congestion, and no easy games (bar Villa). Even the most experienced managers struggle with it and that is why I'm not overly worried about Guardiola, Lowe or Conte. Teams have to fight every game, every time or they will get punished. That is where style of play, and the hardworking of players will overcome skill alone more often than not.

It was unbelievable. That and a flat first-half. Funny, the performance at Villa last weekend was EXACTLY how we should've approached 'that' game, but Redknapp could not fire them up.

Them winning the league will be fully deserved and a good thing if indeed they do it. I don't subscribe to the theory that it is a fluke as they have unearthed 3 very good players in Vardy, Mahrez and Drinkwater. They have a manager who has made them incredibly difficult to break down and they have maintained form and won ugly where needed. It's hard not to like what they have done. If they keep this bunch of players together, they could have a good season again. But, lose any of them or have any of those players feeling complacent then they won't.

We've done all of that but had the added Europa competition that has impacted our league form. But if you want to be a big club, that's what you have to deal with. Every season is tough, but the EPL is a different beast to every other league byvirtue of how competitive and relentless it is. No winter break, no help with fixture congestion, and no easy games (bar Villa). Even the most experienced managers struggle with it and that is why I'm not overly worried about Guardiola, Lowe or Conte. Teams have to fight every game, every time or they will get punished. That is where style of play, and the hardworking of players will overcome skill alone more often than not.

Let's also not forget that they have a 64 year old manager who has been in that position since 1987 and we have 44 year old Poch.

Let's also not forget that they have a 64 year old manager who has been in that position since 1987 and we have 44 year old Poch.

Do not forget that their last match is at Stamford Bridge. Now, Chelski fans won't want to give us a result that gives us a title...but Roman Abramovich is not going to want to see a manager he sacked win the title on his patch. He will make sure the players know that. Massive massive advantage.

Good point. I don't know if we will win the league or not but I know to even be in this position is a real achievement. Keep this team together and we will really achieve sustained success. To have players like Dier, Alli, Lamela, Eriksen and Kane all hitting their peak at the same time would be frightening for any opposition team.

Do not forget that their last match is at Stamford Bridge. Now, Chelski fans won't want to give us a result that gives us a title...but Roman Abramovich is not going to want to see a manager he sacked win the title on his patch. He will make sure the players know that. Massive massive advantage.

I do hope so. Personally I don't think they will care. I'm hoping that they will need a win to qualify for Europe and so have something to play for, but I think a lot of that team has checked out already.

I strongly agree with this. I am even hoping that Pellers can win the ECL! Let Guardiola come - the EPL is a different league and the teams will make sure THEY KNOW IT!! Can the league handle such a clash of egos - Klopp vs. Conte vs. Guardiola vs. Mourinho vs. Wenger vs. Benitez

Absolutely but to prove your original point, I think that they would have had to do it in a season when the big four were firing on all cylinders.

Back