• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Sandro - Beast

Re: ITK Thread

sadly he's made of glass, might be worth cashing in now

Thats the only reason to sell him for me, love the guy to bits and when he's fit and got a few games under his belt he can be world class at his job. Sadly the guy has spent a lot of time injured at Spurs. That can be down to bad luck but some players seem to spend their careers injured.

I'm sick of trying to rely (or not) on injury prone players in key positions such as centre-back and central-midfield. No wonder our defence was so poor last season when we couldn't field the same centre-back pairing for more than a couple of games in a row. Same with central midfield.

Decide on a preferred two who can be relied upon within reason to be fit for most of the season, have some squad players/young players as back-up and bin-off the rest. Sandro hasn't played a full season in his entire Spurs career has he, either due to having other players preferred or due to injuries.

He's a legend due to his personality, much like Steffen Freund, but his consistency of performance for Spurs is not as good as the legend IMO.

I'm sick of trying to rely (or not) on injury prone players in key positions such as centre-back and central-midfield. No wonder our defence was so poor last season when we couldn't field the same centre-back pairing for more than a couple of games in a row. Same with central midfield.

Decide on a preferred two who can be relied upon within reason to be fit for most of the season, have some squad players/young players as back-up and bin-off the rest. Sandro hasn't played a full season in his entire Spurs career has he, either due to having other players preferred or due to injuries.

He's a legend due to his personality, much like Steffen Freund, but his consistency of performance for Spurs is not as good as the legend IMO.

Paulinho will probably be fit for the whole season as he doesn't get involved enough to get injured!! Seriously though playing the role that Sandro does always runs a higher risk because of increased the frequency of contact. It's the nature of the beast (pun intended). Unless Sandro has developed a recurring issue that can not be remedied then it really just boils down to luck a lot of the time. I vote to keep him. On form he is as good a DM as you can get.

Paulinho will probably be fit for the whole season as he doesn't get involved enough to get injured!! Seriously though playing the role that Sandro does always runs a higher risk because of increased the frequency of contact. It's the nature of the beast (pun intended). Unless Sandro has developed a recurring issue that can not be remedied then it really just boils down to luck a lot of the time. I vote to keep him. On form he is as good a DM as you can get.

Yeah but its not niggles and knocks that he picks up that means he misses 1 or 2 games, he has only been fit for half a season for about 3 seasons in a row and the rest of the time he looks rusty and slow these days.

Yeah but its not niggles and knocks that he picks up that means he misses 1 or 2 games, he has only been fit for half a season for about 3 seasons in a row and the rest of the time he looks rusty and slow these days.
True and to be honest he was never the fastest to begin with. He has lost that match sharpness but I just think with some good preseason training under his belt and some regular starts he'll be as good as ever. His game was never really based on speed anyway, more based on reading of the play.

...plus, who have we got that will do this?

sandro1.gif

He has had 1 serious injury in his whole career.

He has had 1 serious injury in his whole career.

Really? So how come he has only made 76 appearances for Spurs since joining in January 2010?

To my mind he missed a big chunk of last season through injury, a big chunk of the season before that, and a big chunk of the season before that! It's like every season we can rely on him to appear in about half the games, yet some want us to build the team around him?

Relying on Sandro and Kaboul leads to the situation where you're playing Sigurdsson and Chadli in central midfield and Capoue and Dawson at the back all the time, not to mention chopping and changing. One bad injury and a couple of consistent seasons afterwards or before, then fine! But we're not talking about that, we're talking about a guy who has managed 19 appearances on average per year since joining!

Probably cos he's only really been first choice since avb came in before that Parker palacios modric and even Livermore in Harry's last season were ahead of him

Probably cos he's only really been first choice since avb came in before that Parker palacios modric and even Livermore in Harry's last season were ahead of him

Well given that Harry is our most successful manager of recent times and a good judge of a player, IMO, this is even more concerning.

What also makes me laugh is the people that want to dispose of Sandro and Kaboul (I'll admit Kaboul looks like he's struggling much more), yet at the same time want to sign Jay Rodriguez. Rodriguez has exactly the same injury, but is 15-18 months behind them in the rehab.

That is exactly why I wouldn't go near Rodriguez now.... He first needs to show that he is again playing at same level as he was last season and prove he is over the injury both physically and mentally.

Well given that Harry is our most successful manager of recent times and a good judge of a player, IMO, this is even more concerning.

Sandro was outstanding in AVB's first season, prior to his ACL injury.

He had also established himself as first choice in central midfield for Brazil. You don't do that unless you are a very good player.

Lastly, we have the evidence of our own eyes. You might never have rated him. But I and many others rate him very highly indeed. By far our best defensive midfielder when fully fit and one of the best in the Premier League. It's no accident that, over the years, some of the very biggest clubs in the world have tried to buy him. It's not as if Napoli are no mark mugs either.

So, no disrespect to Harry but I couldn't give a monkeys what he might have thought of Sandro.

If you cast your mind back to when sandro first signed, Harry didn't know anything about him and didn't trust him or play him! Started using him and really the AC Milan away game was the making of him.
After that, I believe he picked up a recurring Calf injury and then his knee went v QPR.

I disagree with the statement Sandro will be injured more due to his position as both injuries had nothing to do with tough tackling or physical contact as such. I don't agree that he hasn't played much as he is injury prone as he has been unlucky!

We must keep him and play him, and you will see how good he is and hopefully he will have luck on his side with injuries. He is a top player

Sandro was outstanding in AVB's first season, prior to his ACL injury.

He had also established himself as first choice in central midfield for Brazil. You don't do that unless you are a very good player.

Lastly, we have the evidence of our own eyes. You might never have rated him. But I and many others rate him very highly indeed. By far our best defensive midfielder when fully fit and one of the best in the Premier League. It's no accident that, over the years, some of the very biggest clubs in the world have tried to buy him. It's not as if Napoli are no mark mugs either.

So, no disrespect to Harry but I couldn't give a monkeys what he might have thought of Sandro.

=D>

If you cast your mind back to when sandro first signed, Harry didn't know anything about him and didn't trust him or play him! Started using him and really the AC Milan away game was the making of him.
After that, I believe he picked up a recurring Calf injury and then his knee went v QPR.

I disagree with the statement Sandro will be injured more due to his position as both injuries had nothing to do with tough tackling or physical contact as such. I don't agree that he hasn't played much as he is injury prone as he has been unlucky!

We must keep him and play him, and you will see how good he is and hopefully he will have luck on his side with injuries. He is a top player

That is not my recollection of what happened. We had been after Sandro for a while before we signed him, so Redknapp certainly was aware of him. When he signed he had been playing a year's worth of football straight and Redknapp decided to rest him and give him a chance to acclimatise to England.

Back